Granola is a delicious mix of rolled oats, nuts, seeds and sweeteners. It’s an incredible meal, one that’s not only packed full of nutrients but can be consumed at any time of the day. Granola is a versatile food. It reminds me of beans. You can cook both foods in different ways and they will still taste great. This brings me to the question, what are you doing with your granola? Are you using it to the fullest or are you underutilizing it? I’m asking this question because I used to underutilize mine. In those days, I either ate my granola as a snack or I used it to make yogurt parfait, finish. But ever since I learnt that there were several other exciting ways to use it, there’s been no going back. Below are seven ways to use granola:
1. Eat it as Snack:Snacking is not a bad thing. The issue is what you are snacking on. If you’ve been eating junk in the name of snacks, well, all I can say is repent. What you eat affects your overall health. So, go for healthy snacks; make some granola today. It’s calorie-dense. It’s sweet and its high fibre content will keep you satisfied for a longer time. This makes it great for weight loss. Why not include making granola in your weekend‘s to-do list? It will be a great exercise, one that will give you an abundant supply of healthy snacks.
2. Add it to Ice Cream:
I’ve never tried this but ice cream parfait can be just as popular as yoghurt parfait. Ice cream and yoghurt have the same silky smoothness; thus, granola’s crunchiness would marry well with the smooth creaminess of ice cream. Now, if you top this treat with some fresh fruits, na im be say you don finish work, every bite would be packed full of nutrients, talk about added advantage.
3. Add it to Oats:One of my favorite things about overnight oats is that it gives me an already made, healthy and delicious breakfast in the morning. So, I simply grab and enjoy, no stress. I also love the fact that I can customize each bowl of overnight oats to suit my taste. Since I like my oats to have a bit of crunch, I usually sprinkle granola or nuts on them when I take them out of the freezer.
4. Eat it as Cereal:
Another quick and easy way to enjoy granola is as a cereal. If you didn’t know this, then, permit me to inform you that granola is a great alternative to those sugary breakfast cereals that you enjoy. Just pour some milk and water (it could be hot or cold depending on your preference) over a bowl of granola and voila, you have yourself a healthy, filling breakfast.
5. Add it to Yoghurt:
Yoghurt parfait can be eaten at any time of the day. But, I prefer to eat it in the morning. In fact, it’s one of my favourite breakfasts. It’s easy to make and it gives me the nutritious punch I need to begin my day. I usually make it with granola, coconut flakes, nuts and fresh fruits.
6. Add it to Baked Goods:Yes oh, you can add granola to your cupcakes, cookies, muffins, and bread. It’ll add texture to your baked goods and give them a whole new crunchy vibe.
In conclusion, the granola will shine even if it’s dressed up as breakfast, snack or dessert. So, go make some.
Bob’s Red Mill
Fit and Flex GranolaFeatured Image Source: Eating Well
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- Did You Know? 7 Facts About Cupcakes
- Recipe For Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Recipe For Pepper Soup Rice
- Did you Know? 6 Reasons Why You Need An Air Fryer