Read more about Business
Creativity, most times, occurs spontaneously like the spark of an idea. Entrepreneurs usually encounter the issue of finding out how to trap these ideas to a point of enlarging them to birth results. How would you feel if you’re in a restaurant having fun with friends and creative ideas pop into your mind but fizzle away before you could harness them? Here are some tips to keep your creative tank filled with ideas:
- Know who you are: Creativity begins with you. Therefore, to be at your best, you have to understand your capacity and what brings out the creative spark in you. For an introvert, some alone time and a safe space to think could do the tricks but an extrovert might tap into ideas when they connect and discuss with people. What triggers your creative capacity?
- Never leave your Note Behind: Ideas fly like sparks and the only way to trap them is to be prepared enough to write it down else they’ll be long forgotten. No matter where you are going to, endeavour you go with your notepad or better still, write down ideas on your phone. The most important thing is to have it written down.
- Take a Chill Pill: Most times, the rush and demands of work coupled with the hassle of everyday life can jam your creative strength. Stay away from your computer, phone, or laptop. Relax and refresh your mind. Listen to a song, read a book, watch the sunset, anything to get your nerves calm and your brain cool. This doesn’t in any way encourage slacking off your responsibility instead it entails knowing when to work and when to take a break.
- Redefine your comfort zone: The common advice is to get out of your comfort zone but what if your comfort zone is key to sparking off an idea? Know what makes you comfortable enough to think out of the box. Understand what stimulates your thinking abilities.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- Take Creative walks: If there are places that spark off your creativity then by, all means, take a walk. For some persons it might be an evening drive alone in your car, showering in the bathroom, jugging, etc. These might not bring the idea immediately but will be helpful to the process.
- Networking: Most times, ideas are triggered while discussing with people. Therefore, you need to meet people, exchange different opinions and experiences with them, as well as bounce ideas off them. You can network physically as well as through social media networking sites. The essence of this is to see the world through the eyes of others and in so doing, ideas tend to pop out.
- Be Diverse: If we keep doing things the same way with the same routine every day, our minds become caged and limited to the infinite possibilities around us. Give life a different approach, experience new things, change the restaurant you hang out in, respond differently to situations, etc. This gives you a new perspective on life and is capable of sparking off ideas.
- Daydream: Yeah! That’s right. Just seat down, relax and let your mind wander. You would be surprised at the wonders that could birth. However, to achieve results, you have to deliberately channel your imagination towards what you want to achieve. Don’t just wander aimlessly in your mind. Share your ideas: Creativity is measured by your ability to share your ideas with someone and the readiness to take constructive criticism concerning your work. Get an honest review of your work from someone who wouldn’t just say things to inflate your ego and be willing to make adjustments.
Got something you want to read about on our platform? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- The Importance of Having a Mobile App for Your Business
- How to Draw Up a Service Level Agreement
- Agritech Startups: Creating Predictive Analytics Solutions
- Establishing a Profitable Agricultural Supply Chain in Nigeria
online dating games totally free dating on facebook free dating sites without registering dating flirt site free