Read more about Entertanment
In the past, through its host, Pastor Paul Adefarasin, the Metropolitan Pastor of House on the Rock, The EXPERIENCE has brought the biggest gospel music superstars from across the globe to Lagos, taking the form of an all-night musical concert. The EXPERIENCE is arguably the biggest gospel music festival in the world with over 500,000 to a million people in attendance in the past. The maiden edition of The EXPERIENCE in December 2006 attracted a crowd of 40,000 people. Since then, The EXPERIENCE has drawn thousands of tourists and millions of hosts into Nigeria’s Tafawa Belewa Square every year. Breaking the boundaries of colour, race, language, nationality, and denomination, The EXPERIENCE is arguably the biggest gospel concert in the whole world. It exceeded its mark in the 2020 edition that was streamed live on all social media platforms with over 5 million views, despite the COVID-19 lockdown. The 2021 edition of The EXPERIENCE promises to be an experience of a lifetime with leading top gospel artists and ministers in attendance. For this year’s edition, ministering are Donnie McClurkin, Tim Godfrey, Sidney Mohede, Mercy Chinwo, Dunsin Oyekan, Nathaniel Bassey, Maverick City (Chandler Moore), The Planetshakers, Ana Paula Valadao Bessa, Nokwe the Poet, Eben, Sinach, Travis Greene, William McDowell, Chevelle Franklyn, LMGC, Don Moen, and Sheldon Bangera.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
This year’s edition will take a different dimension as its host and convener, Pastor Paul Adefarasin, introduced The Experience Duet Challenge, where friends and family sing in harmony any song sung by this year’s Experience performing guest ministers. The goal is to make this year’s edition more personal and also to create bonding among family and friends as they worship God together. The Duet Challenge serves as an opportunity to display how much worshipping God together can create bonding and deepen friendship. If you want to participate in this year’s edition, follow the simple steps below:
- Create a 30-40 second video of you and your friend singing as a duo one of the songs of the ministering artists of this year’s 2021 Experience.
- Post on video on your social media handles, preferably TikTok and Instagram, using these hashtags #theexperiencelagos #theexperienceduet and #te16g.
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- Entertainment Roundup: Wizkid’s Fourth Billboard Hot 100 Entry
- 2022 BET Awards: Tems Becomes First Nigerian Woman To Win Best International Act
- Weekly Entertainment Roundup: Greoh Studios’ Brotherhood
- Ckay’s ‘Love Nwantiti’ Is First Nigerian Song To Hit Diamond Status In France