1. GSM data subscribers in Nigeria will pay for more data as from December 1, 2016, according to a directive issued by the Nigerian Communications Commission.
2. The Executive Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Babatunde Fowler has said that Nigerians will soon begin to show evidence of tax paying before obtaining new passports or renewing old ones.
3. The Lagos State Government has announced that it will close down major routes on Victoria Island for the Lagos Street Carnival scheduled to hold on 3rd and 4th of December 2016.
4. Scientists have launched the first Human Immuno-deficiency Virus (HIV) vaccine efficacy study, HVTN 702 in South Africa.
5. The FIRS has increased the number of taxpayers in the country from 10 million as of June this year to 13.03 million presently, with Lagos State accounting for 4.08 million taxpayers, Kano State, 1.24 million and Osun State, 560,000.
You might also like:
- The CBN’s Plan To Redesign The Naira: 6 Facts You Should Know
- BREAKING: CBN To Redesign the Naira Notes
- Buhari Signs Startup Bill: What It Means
- Nigerian-Born Kemi Badenoch Nominated To Succeed Boris Johnson As UK’s Prime Minister
Leave a Reply