1. The Federal Government has moved to stop the importation of 571,000 tonnes of foreign rice into Nigeria’s borders.
2. Huawei Technologies in partnership with Fortis Project Limited have commenced the construction of an Information and Communications Technology centre in Lagos State.
3. The Bank of Industry (BoI) has enlisted 200 beneficiaries in Kano for the ₦140 billion Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP) in which beneficiaries can access interest-free loans between ₦10,000 and ₦100,000 to be repaid within a six-month period.
4. The African Development Bank (AfDB) has approved the sum of $600 million to stabilise the naira and boost the Nigerian economy.
5. From 2017, the Nigerian Shippers Council (NSC) and the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) will introduce the Single Window (SW) platform to promote trade.
You might also like:
- The CBN’s Plan To Redesign The Naira: 6 Facts You Should Know
- BREAKING: CBN To Redesign the Naira Notes
- Buhari Signs Startup Bill: What It Means
- Nigerian-Born Kemi Badenoch Nominated To Succeed Boris Johnson As UK’s Prime Minister
Leave a Reply