Read more about Fashion
Nigeria’s fashion industry has shown its commitment to helping and uniting fashion entrepreneurs in Nigeria. The shows are made to suit both the buyers and sellers of fashion items. A great way to boost sales and visibility as a fashion entrepreneur in Nigeria is to take advantage of fashion shows. While some fashion shows are free, you have to pay for others.
A few of the advantages of participating in fashion shows in Nigeria are:
- It gives your fashion brand more visibility, especially in small fashion businesses. It is an opportunity to build relevant business relationships. You can build relationships with suppliers, consumers, co-sellers, manufacturers, etc.
- You can take advantage of fashion shows to survey the fashion industry. By surveying the industry, you can update yourself with new trends, pricing, packaging, etc.
Sign up for the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- It is a time to showcase your skill. By participating in fashion shows as a fashion entrepreneur you are showing the attendees what your brand has to offer.
- You can test the waters with fashion shows. Testing waters means introducing new products and services. Many fashion entrepreneurs are usually scared to introduce new fashion items to the market because they are sacred if they will be well received or not by potential buyers. However, you can introduce these fashion items in fashion shows and see people’s reactions to them.
- You can find potential investors. Most times fashion entrepreneurs need investors to partner with. One of the major reasons fashion entrepreneurs need investors is for capital. In fashion shows, you are likely to meet investors you can partner with.
- It is a great opportunity for you to learn, unlearn and relearn. In fashion shows, you will learn many things about the Nigerian fashion industry.
Few Free fashion shows in Nigeria are:
- Lagos Fashion and Ready-to-Wear Garment Exhibition in Nigeria: It is s a 2-days fashion exhibition that holds annually in Lagos. It is organized by Atlantic Exhibition Nigeria Limited. It brings various fashion industries including designers, tailors, etc., to benefit from the Nigerian professionals in the garment industries. Registration is free and there are many benefits to participating.
- Made in Nigeria shoe expo- Lagos: The show exhibition event is was organized to host both local and international shoe manufacturers, shoe dealers and designers, shoe original equipment manufacturers, footwear and leather manufacturers, and trade and commercial sections to showcase their new designs and innovation, increase sales and promote the industry.
Register to attend the Connect Nigeria Business Mixer
Cosmetics & Beauty Africa Expo: The event was put in place to bring together various businesses and industries engaged in beauty products and services, personal care, and lots more from within the country and beyond to exhibit their products in medical cosmetology, beauty tools, salon equipment, nail services, etc.
ConclusionThere are various fashion shows in Nigeria fashion entrepreneurs can take advantage of. You should attend these shows regularly. These shows in the long run will place you where you want to bat e the top.
ReferencesFinelib.com Newbalancejobs.com Wikipedia Featured Image source: Elle
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- Starting A Fashion Designing Business From Home
- 10 Tips On Starting A Fashion Business in Nigeria ( Part 1)
- 4 Pattern Drafting Skills Fashion Designers Should Know
- 4 Tips Fashion Designers Should Know About Replicating Styles