Read more about How-To
- Gen Z: These are people born between 1997 and 2012 (10 yrs – 25 yrs);
- Millennials: These are people born between 1981 and 1996 (26 yrs – 41yrs);
- Gen X: These are people born between 1965 and 1980 (42 yrs – 57 yrs);
- Boomers II*: These are people born between 1955 and 1964 (58 yrs – 67 yrs);
- Boomers I*: These are people born between 1946 and 1954 (68 yrs – 76 yrs).
Restaurant Service Styles
Sign up for the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
Fast food restaurants are not only about selling hamburgers and french fries, but this type of restaurant can also serve chicken, hot dogs, sandwiches, pizza, fresh seafood, and ethnic foods. Midscale restaurants, as the name indicates, are found in-between quick-service and upscale restaurants. This type of restaurant serves full meals but charges prices, which customers see as giving good value with plenty of special offers. Midscale restaurants carry out limited- and full-service options. In In a full-service restaurant, customers place and receive their orders at their table, while in a limited-service method, buyers request their food at a counter and then receive their meals at their tables. Finally, upscale restaurants offer full table service and are not very interested in promoting their meals as offering great value. They are rather focused on the quality of their cuisine and the ambiance of their facilities. These places are more designed to be exotic, benefiting a tourist attraction. They charge a lot because they have state-of-the-art facilities. They employ renowned chefs, which adds to their popularity.
Carving Your Niche
Register to attend the Connect Nigeria Business Mixer
There are many niches, however, there are popular ones that are easy to start and run as well. Moreover, it all depends on your skills, interest, and knowledge. You can choose to open a vegetarian restaurant, a bakery, a coffee shop, a full-scale kitchen where you cook and serve traditional and local dishes, or perhaps a catering service. If you are a night person or a night owl, you might be attracted to the hours expected for bar-and-grill types of restaurants, fine-dining establishments, and even pizzerias. It is important to consider some fundamental questions that will help you choose the right niche. They are as follows:
- Do I like dealing with the public, or are you happier in the kitchen?
- Do I have a passion for a particular type of cuisine?
- Do I enjoy a repeatable routine, or do you prefer something different every day?
- Am I inclined to deal with the additional responsibilities and liabilities that come with serving alcoholic beverages?
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- How To Build An Efficient Remote Working Team
- Brand We Love: Megastar Construction Company
- How To Ensure A Stress-free Delivery As A Fashion Entrepreneur
- Personal Branding Mistakes You Should Avoid