Mrs Adenike Ogunlesi is the owner and founder of Ruff‘n’Tumble. She was born by a Scottish mum, Mrs. Betty Okuboyejo. Ruff ‘n’ tumble is an indigenous fashion brand known for making quality kids clothing, shoes and accessories.
Since the inception of the brand, they have produced and designed various children clothing. The brand showcases its unique approach in designing children clothing. It serves as a solution to the limited clothing choices children are faced with.
The brand sets the pace when it comes to retailing children’s clothing. They create well tailored garments that are fun, on trend and colorful, giving children extreme confidence when worn.
How Mrs Adenike Ogunlesi started her fashion brand
Mrs. Adenike Ogunlesi started her fashion brand in 1996. Initially, she made pyjamas for her children. The pyjamas were unique and distinct from others. Whenever her children wore clothing items she made them, it attracted the attention of other parents.
Sign up for the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
One day when one parent ordered seven for her kids, Mrs Adenike then decided that it was time she turned her craft into a great business venture.
How did she name her brand?
After her clothing became more popular. She saw the need to have her own fashion brand. At that time she was not only committed to making pyjamas but other clothing for children.
How did she get capital for her fashion brand?
Being a very ambitious woman and wanting to make her business grow, she decided to take a loan which was worth millons of naira. She used the loan to set up her business.
She was supposed to pay the loan in 18 months but she did so in 16 months because of her financial intelligence.
Things aspiring fashion designers can learn from her fashion brand
1. She had great vision for her brand. Currently, her brand has branches all over Nigeria. She saw a great future for her brand and decided to put her all into it.
2. She had excellent financial management skills. She divides her profit into three: one part back to her business, one for savings and the other for survival.
3. She took a calculated risk. She took a loan and bought a building for her brand even though everyone thought she was crazy.
4. She set up excellent systems and structure. She did not only rely on her sewing skills, she also had great business skills.
Due to the diligence of Mrs. Adenike Ogunlesi, she was able to take her business to greater heights. Her fashion business story is one that aspiring fashion designers must read and learn from.
Facebook: Sebastian AdamaFeatured Image source: Ultima.ng
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- Starting A Fashion Designing Business From Home
- 10 Tips On Starting A Fashion Business in Nigeria ( Part 1)
- 4 Pattern Drafting Skills Fashion Designers Should Know
- 4 Tips Fashion Designers Should Know About Replicating Styles