Read more about Business Growth Tips
Here are a few examples of cross-selling in practice:
- Suggesting that your customer also buys a pair of trousers to match the suit they just bought. Or selling them cufflinks that’ll help bind the cuffs of a shirt they’ve purchased.
- Offering bed sheets and pillowcases in addition to beds and pillows.
- Asking a customer who’s bought a smartphone to also buy a protective case for it.
Cross-Selling vs UpsellingThe words ‘cross-selling’ and ‘upselling’ are often used interchangeably, as though they refer to the same concept. But they don’t. Upselling differs from cross-selling in that the former involves offering a customer a product that’s an upgrade of the one they had wanted to buy. Cross-selling is just encouraging the customer to add extra goods or services that complement the one they’ve already gotten.
Find our comprehensive listings of businesses in Nigeria here
You can deploy both cross-selling and upselling to boost your sales and increase revenues. There’s more on upselling as a sales strategy here.
What You Gain from Cross-Selling Products
- You are more likely to hold on to your customers because you have a comprehensive set of products to satisfy their needs.
- Customers are more likely to recommend you to their contacts as a source that offers a more complete package of solutions than competitors.
- Ultimately, cross-selling helps you boost your sales and increase your revenues and net income.
Final WordsCross-selling is a simple but effective sales tactic. If you haven’t been using it consistently, now’s the time to begin implementing it across your sales engagements. You could see the positive results from it come in almost immediately. Featured Image Source: New Old Stamp
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- How to Avoid Being Defrauded in P2P Cryptocurrency Trading
- How To Learn Growth Hacks from Your Business Competitors
- 7 Tips for Driving Business Growth with Inbound Marketing
- How To Craft a Content Calendar For Your Fashion Business