The MTN Nigeria Foundation has been supporting Nigerian students through the science & technology scholarship scheme which provides financial assistance to students who might otherwise be unable to pay for their tertiary education. The opportunity is open to high-performing full-time second-year students studying in public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics and colleges of education) in Nigeria.
According to MTN, over 5,000 scholarships have been awarded since the inception of the programme in 2010. The scholarships, awarded on an annual basis, is worth N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand Naira).
- Applicants must be a full-time 200Level undergraduate student in a public tertiary institution (universities, polytechnics and colleges of education)
- You must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1), while students from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 200 level/2nd year in a public University
Agric. Extension and Rural Development
Animal Breeding and Genetics
Animal Production and Health
Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
Computer and Electronics
Computer and Information Science
Computer and Mathematics
Electrical/ Electronics Engineering
Electronics and Computer Technology
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Petroleum and Gas Engineering
Physics/ Computational Modeling
Pure/ Applied Physics
Statistics and Computer Science
How to Apply
for the online application form.
Applicants details will be verified and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test. They will be required to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as the original and photocopy of the following documents:
The application deadline is on Monday 9th October 2017
- Valid Student ID card.
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license).
- Duly signed letter from relevant Head of Department in your school.
- Admission letter from JAMB and Institution of study.
- Admission letter for the HND programmes (For Polytechnic students only).
* Names of successful candidates will be published on National Dailies
* Current Beneficiaries of the MTN Foundation Science & Technology Scholarship award are not eligible to apply
* The MTN Foundation reserves the right to cancel or suspend a scholarship award if it is discovered that an applicant /awardee provided false information.
* The scholarship is renewed every year until graduation for existing awardees provided they have maintained a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit)
You might also like:
This article was first published on 27th September 2017