Application is ongoing for the ACT Foundation Changemakers Innovation Challenge 2021. This challenge is for African Entrepreneurs who are looking to grow their businesses but are financially incapable to do so. The Changemakers Innovation Challenge is sponsored by ACT Foundation to support social enterprises across countries in Africa that are focused on technology and the use of digital tools to create social change in their respective communities.
This innovation challenge will sponsor projects that drive social solutions. The programme will include funding and training for entrepreneurs to drive these social changes.
Grant funding will be awarded to the 3 winners of the Changemakers Innovation Challenge. The Award grant will be given towards scaling of the innovative solutions across different communities.
Aspire Coronation Trust (ACT) Foundation is a grant making nonprofit organization established in 2016 to support local, national and regional non – profit organizations working to address challenges and associated vulnerabilities across the African Continent.
We seek to promote broad based participation/partnership with other institution and/or donor organizations aimed at building sustainable communities and to provide innovative solutions to social, economic and environmental challenges.
At ACT Foundation, we have adopted a responsive approach to grant making. By funding focused-interventions, we work across a broad spectrum of developmental issues clustered within our focus areas (link focus areas tab).
We believe that grant making is a critical tool in engineering social change, and even more we are inspired by the long and short term partnerships we make. Our strength lies in the partnerships we create and sustain through funding for programs and activities that have great potential of altering the downward trajectory of development on the African continent. Our mission to drive sustainable impact across Africa pushes us beyond boundaries; and as such we always strive to do more.
Interested? Here are the application guidelines:
1. Entry for the Changemakers Innovation Challenge opens on Monday, 26th July, 2021 and closes Sunday, 15th August 2021. Late entries will not be considered.
2. Only one entry will be accepted per organization. Once an entry has been submitted, no further changes will be accepted.
3. All entries for this challenge must be in English.
4. No entry fee, purchase or payment of any kind is required.
5. Winners will be announced and awarded at the annual ACT Foundation Breakfast Dialogue holding on Wednesday, 15th September.
Requirements for this challenge include:
Deadline: 15th August 2021.
- Open to only nonprofits and social enterprises in Africa. For social enterprises, the innovative solution submitted must not be towards for profit ventures. (It must be fully towards social good)
- Organizations must submit social solutions within the Foundation’s key focus areas, namely; Health, Entrepreneurship, Environment and Leadership.
- Nonprofits or social enterprises must be registered with the government agency in charge of organizations’ registry in their respective countries.
- All submissions must be innovative solutions that use technology/digital systems as major tools for the community impact. Show evidence of claim through provision of web links, Videos, Pictures and other online presence.
- Organizations must have been in existence for at least two years.
- All submitted social solutions must be at the growth stage and must have been tested/implemented and have direct beneficiaries. Evidence of claim through pictures, news releases, etc. must be documented and shared during the application.
- Submitted innovations must have been implemented within the past two years. Pilot innovations will not be accepted
For more information about Aspire Coronation Trust, click here.
For more information about the Innovative Challenge, click here.
Featured Image Source:
You might also like:
This article was first published on 3rd August 2021