Read more about Business
Selected participants will pitch their idea at the challenge pitch event which will take place during the UN Global Entrepreneurship Week, from November 16-22. The entrepreneur with the winning idea will receive ₦1 million in prize money. The three runners up will get ₦500,000, ₦300,000, and ₦200,000 respectively.
EligibilityIntending participants can apply for this competition if they meet these conditions:
- Resident in Ekiti and have a business that is established and operational in the state.
- Must be between 18 and 35 years old.
- The business must have passed through the ideation stage, must be at least 12 months old, and already generating revenue.
- The business should have a clear, sustainable growth model and must have a potential for exponential growth.
- Registered with the CAC and possess a corporate bank account.
Find our comprehensive listings of businesses in Nigeria here https://businesses.connectnigeria.com/
Businesses in a wide range of sectors are invited to apply: technology, agriculture, fashion, tourism, art and craft, leatherwork (including shoe production), furniture, interior design, music and entertainment, waste management, and recycling.
- Apply for the competition on the official portal. This will be open until September 30.
- The organizers will review entries and select the 50 best applications.
- Each of the selected applicants will receive an invitation to a five-day Enterprise Development Bootcamp, where they will be prepared for the pitch competition.
- The Bootcamp will take place in October. Business coaches and social enterprise development consultants will train participating businesses and prepare them for the final pitch.
- The pitch will take place in November, featuring twenty finalists. A panel of judges will screen the ideas presented and select the winners.
- Winners will receive their prizes and get a year’s worth of business support.
Got a suggestion? Contact us: editor at connectnigeria dot com
You might also like:
- Jumpstart Your March with This Q1 Checklist for Your Business
- Excel in Visionary Leadership Through Consultative Approaches
- Youth Empowerment: Charting a Course for Future Business Success
- The Ecobank Associate Program 2024