Abuja, the Capital of Nigeria is slowly becoming a great place to visit for recreation. After Lagos, it is the next best place for tourists to have fun in Nigeria. From the abandoned quarry to the city tours or monolith, Abuja has tons to keep a tourist busy. Some activities we recommend tourists consider when visiting Abuja include:
1. Skating – If you have been crushing on Jos boys who go rollerblading and skating under the bridge at Burutu Road roundabout in Jos, look no further. You can go skating and rollerblade gliding in Abuja too at The Rink.
Venue: Phase 1 prince and princess, Gudu, Abuja.2. Archery – Growing up, you loved the bow and arrows used in medieval and fantasy movies. Now, you can live out that fantasy in Abuja by going for target practice at The Arch Club.
Venue: Zone 5, 40 Accra St, Wuse, Abuja3. Mini Golfing – Being on a golf course can sometimes be xclusive. But some people want the experience of golfing in a less spacious environment. If this is you, then a visit to the Vitality Clubhouse (which is actually a restaurant in Central Park with a mini-golf course) should suffice.
Venue: Central Park, Plot 174 kur Mohammed Avenue Central Business District, Abuja.
4. Bull Riding – Travelling to the USA for a rodeo isn’t an option for most Nigerians. But thank God for mechanical bulls. Anyone anywhere in the world can have a bull riding experience. You can too at FunWorld Gateway, a recreation and relaxation centre.
Venue: Shop 26, Novare Gateway, Musa Yar’Adua expressway (Airport road), Abuja.
5. Bubble Ball Fun – Ever wanted to Wa on the water without sinking? Now you can try, though unsuccessfully sha, Lol. More like crawling around or lying down when you slip into a giant plastic bubble ball and start tumbling along the Jabi Lake at Amazon Kayak.
Venue: Obafemi Awolowo Way, Jabi, Abuja
6. Scooter Riding – Of all the fun to be had, including cycling on the interlocking tiles at Jabi Park, no one ever mentions scooter riding. You may bring yours or rent, but be sure there is enough space to have fun riding your scooter at Jabi Park.
Venue: After Kado Estate, or off Tunde Idiagbon Street, Jabi, Abuja.
7. Bounce, Climb and Jump – If you are in Abuja and Upbeat Centre in Lagos has been entering your eye, close it because Playworld is right with you. Practice rock climbing, jump on the trampoline or dive into a ball pit at Playworld.
Venue: 458 Idris Ibrahim Cres, Utako, Abuja.
8. Pottery Making – If playing around isn’t your thing, try creating something with clay at Bwari Pottery Village.
Venue: Old Suleja Road, near Nigerian Law School, Bwari, Abuja.
9. Sip And Paint – With art galleries opening up to tourists with painting activities, anyone can feel like a professional artist. This activity is sweeping through the country, but you can do it in Abuja at the Trinity Garden.
Venue: Old Federal Secretariat, Durumi, Abuja
10. Virtual Gaming – Gaming is fun. Why stop at only playing games on mobile phones or with a PS at home when you can wear a VR and have a total body immersion experience at Virtual Hideout.
Venue: DBM, Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse, Abuja.
Have you found this article useful in any way? Share with us any other activity you would recommend visitors in Abuja should also try.
Out Travel and TourFeatured Image Source: Premium Times
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- Advantages Of Going On Road Trips
- Travel Tips: 11 Most Searched States For Tourism In Nigeria (Part 2)
- Did You Know: The Effect of Politics On Tourism For Nigerians (Part 1)
- Tour Deals: More Upcoming Tour Deals