Bye Sunday, Hello Monday… You would have to agree with me that Monday mornings do not have to suck. True, the weekend is gone and the truckload of work sitting on your desk is enough reality check and you need that motivation to start work if you are going to finish this week with elation.
“Creativity is contagious— pass it on.” Albert Einstein
Read more about Monday Motivation
Well, if you are struggling with leaving your bed, or wondering what to fix for breakfast, or weighing multiple life choices as you shower, or anything at all, let this Monday morning motivation do the trick of finding reasons to get up, conquer doubts, keep moving, and have that dream life you so deserve. It was Maya Angelou who said that you can’t possibly use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. I for one believe in this quote. Most times, I am saddled with the burden of brainstorming an idea and reaching no success. And other times, I would finish a project and be too exhausted to start another. I used to think that my creativity was gone, that I was incapable of performing another task with the level of dexterity I was familiar with. Everyone is gifted with the ability to be productive, to nurture an idea until it becomes a tremendous success. The human brain is so good that you start brainstorming and get diverse results within minutes or hours. Yet, we struggle on days when our creativity level is not above par. To combat this phenomenon, I have put up ways on how to keep your creativity alive whilst knowing that there is no way on this planet that you could possibly exhaust your creativity. You just have to push harder.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
1. Know what inspire(s) you and jealousy guard them. 2. Do not do ruts. What fun exists in doing one particular thing over and over again? Your brain is going to tire out due to lack of stimulation. You have to learn to do things differently if you must learn to stay creative. 3. Be open to varieties. Yes, you should consider trying out new things that are related to your career or what you enjoy doing. The key is to experience something different and to find new insights that could help you. As a poet, have you considered writing a short story? What about a short script? 4. Taking a break will not kill you. Certainly, they will not. Breaks help to put you in lighter moods that improve your productivity levels and make you love your job even more. However, you should strictly follow the time frame for the breaks and do not compromise. 5. Sleep. Lack of sleep is dangerous to the brain, and it has been proven that sleep deprivation could affect our emotional health and physical relationships. When you consume lots of coffee and energy drinks so you can stay awake for work, you are seriously playing with your health and your creativity. 6. Open-mindedness. Your creativity can only soar if you have a growth mindset and you are open to learning new things. And guess what? Learning boosts your confidence and makes you an even smarter person. Featured Image Source: Creativity Workshop
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- How to Prevent Sickness in the Face of Rising Healthcare Costs
- The HealthTech Hub Africa Accelerator 2024
- Navigating the Harmattan Season: Your Guide to Staying Healthy
- Attend the FriendnPal Virtual Event on Zero Male Suicide