Read more about How to
It is fine if you have not done this before and are confused about the whole stuff: where to start, what to include and all that. While there is no particular way or method of writing a marketing plan, there are elements that must be included in your marketing plan and this is what is enumerated in this article in simple terms. A marketing plan is like a map that highlights your business goals, target audience, and market share and modifies the impact of your business marketing campaign.
Steps To Writing An Effective Marketing Plan
- Business Executive Summary: this is what summarizes everything about your business, the business name, logo, colour, its location/headquarters, those involved in the business, its mission statement, goal, achievement (if there are any), vision, value, contact, etc. it should be concise and creative.
Sign up for the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- Business Mission/Initiative: you outline the mission, vision and value of your marketing plan. You should revisit the business’s values, vision, and mission and relate them to your marketing plan. The big-picture which should be in the business plan should not be here, only a fracture of these elements as they relate to marketing should be included here. The business initiative of a marketing plan helps you to outline and segment the various goals of your project and how they should be measured in your marketing plan.
- Identify and Evaluate Your Target Customers: identify, evaluate and analyze your target buyer personas; this is a fictional representation of your ideal buyers, whether you are selling to other businesses – B2B or to customers – B2C. Market research is required to be carried out for precision. These will include their age, location, title, pain points, spending habits, challenges, income etc. the idea is to help you create an effective and efficient marketing plan.
- Research Your Market and Competitors: every business has one or two competitors; either direct or indirect competitors – other businesses interested in the same target customers. These competitors are those sharing the same market population with you, offering almost the same service, solution, product, good and even prices as you. When researching your market and competitors, you should focus on their market value, position, market share, offerings, and pricing and see if there is any gap you can hang on to.
Register to attend the Connect Nigeria Business Mixer
- Conduct Your Business SWOT Analysis: your marketing plan is not complete without an informed evaluation of your business’s Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats – SWOT Analysis. This is a careful analysis and evaluation which will largely base on the outcome of the steps above.
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- How to Become a Thought Leader in Your Industry
- How to Reduce Your Generator’s Fuel Consumption
- 7 Signs You Should Start Hiring Employees for Your Startup
- 5 Simple Ways to Invest ₦3 Million in Real Estate
I cannot thank you enough for the blog post.Thanks Again. Cool.
Really informative post.Thanks Again.