Read more about Monday Motivation
No doubt, positivity boosts employee wellness. The advantages of practising positivity are numerous. They include health benefits, enhanced productivity, and even less stress. Employees who exhibit optimism and are happier at their workplace will be more involved in their work, gradually leading to company success. Employees and their employers need to understand the importance of a positive presence in their workplace. And since positivity is contagious, employees and co-workers can be encouraged to look on the brighter side of things.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
Here are helpful tips that encourage positivity in the workplace:
- Acknowledging the positive qualities in others will bring out your own positive quality. Expressing Gratitude can come in the form of compliments and random acts of kindness which help to develop a sense of respect, trust, happiness, and mutual appreciation amongst co-workers.
- Be optimistic in your messaging. Remember to use words laced with optimism when sending broadcast messages. Positive communication that is empowering and passionate will make your listeners appreciate your feedback, and they will feel encouraged to do their tasks. Use positive messaging and record excellent progress in your workplace.
- Learn the art of thankfulness. People want recognition when they perform well. The phrase “Thank you” can make people feel better about their efforts. Learn to thank people genuinely for their help or advice, and know the right time for thanking people.
- Celebrate the little wins. Whilst celebrating major breakthroughs and milestones, do not forget to celebrate the little steps that led to those big wins. Remember to appreciate people’s little wins and appreciate the efforts of employees who might be working and not getting enough recognition.
- Smile Frowns and sadness block positivity from manifesting. Smiling tricks your mind into feeling happier, and it can be contagious. Even when things are going awry, smiles reassures you and everyone else that everything will be okay.
- Develop relationships. Healthy work relationships should be encouraged amongst employees and employers. In order to foster a positive work environment, you should try to indulge your colleagues. Employees could organize social gatherings that will help to develop healthy relationships with their employees. These healthy relationships should be heavily built on trust and respect.
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- Nadayar Enegesi: From Building Wealth to Building Well-Being
- Monday Motivation: Inspirational Quotes For Endless Determination
- Never Give Up On Reaching Your Desired Goal
- Monday Motivation: 8 Great Tips For Combating Anxiety In The Workplace