Read more about Did you know?
The second reason is the one we already know, for weight loss. When food writers, nutritionists and dieticians talk about oats, this is the virtue they highlight the most. The third reason for oat consumption is weight gain. A lot of people are unaware of this but when oats are eaten in a certain way, it can lead to weight gain. Today’s topic will achieve two aims. It will enlighten you on how to achieve your weight gain goals with oats. It will also educate you on what not to do if weight loss is your reason for eating oats. That said, your oats can cause weight gain if:
1. The Quantity you Prepare for Yourself is Way Too Much:Aunty, the fact that oats are great for weight loss does not mean you should prepare a bucketful and finish it in one sitting. I’m sure you’re familiar with the saying: too much of everything is bad. The keyword in that sentence is “everything.” That means that oats are not excluded. When you eat too much of it at a sitting, you’ll feel too full and this can lead to weight gain. So, the next time you’re tempted to make and consume oats for three people at once, measure out one-half of dry oats and tell that devil to get out of your kitchen because that’s all you’ll be making.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
2. You Use a Generous Mix of High-Calorie Toppings:Do you know that your choice of toppings can change the quality of your meal. Oh! yes, toppings are that powerful. They can boost the taste and nutritional content of your food. Thus, if weight loss is your goal, you must not only choose nutritious toppings like fresh fruits, peanut butter, dark chocolate, you must use them lightly too. On the other hand, if weight gain is your goal, a generous mix of these toppings can help you achieve your goal.
3. Add too much Sugar:Now, it doesn’t matter if your sugar of choice is brown or white, eating too much sugar will not help your weight loss goals. It will only produce carbs that will help you gain weight. In the same vein, too much sweetener is not good for you as well. It will only cause a spike in your blood sugar level.
4. Eat Packaged Flavoured Oatmeal:In this generation, most people think food should be fast and convenient. That’s not always a bad thing. However, some fast foods like packaged flavoured oats are full of chemicals and sugar. So, if you prefer this kind of oats and you want to lose weight, hope you now know where your problem is coming from. I hope you can now see that the minor adjustments that you make to your oats can affect your weight goals. Sources: Healthline Prevention Times of India Featured Image Source: Portland Monthly
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- Building A Solid Food Tech Startup for a Nigerian Market
- The Nestle CWAR Graduate Trainee Program 2023
- Exploring the Unique Monikers of Edible Animal Meats
- How Startups Can Leverage AI to Transform Food Security in Africa