The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize competition is organized to support entrepreneurs who are powering positive change in Africa’s food production space.
The competition presents participants with the chance to win a grand prize that could help take their agricultural venture to the next level of growth.
Participants are expected to be founders of innovative agri-businesses that have significant market potential and traction, a strong team, and are making a positive social and environmental impact in the communities, regions, and countries in which they are active.
Participants in the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize competition could benefit from it in the following ways:
- Win a grand prize of $50,000
- Gain access to mentorship, education, and investment networks
- Be presented with opportunities to launch, grow, and scale their agri-food venture
- Get the chance to attend the annual African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) to be held in Kigali, Rwanda
Entrepreneurs who intend to take part in this competition must meet these criteria:
- Not be older than 35 years at the time they submit their application, and be legally recognized as an adult in their country
- Be a citizen of an African Union (AU) member country (proven by an official ID)
- Should be the founder or co-founder of the venture they are representing, and be actively involved in its operations
- Must have no criminal record related to financial impropriety and corruption (they may be asked to provide a signed declaration as evidence of this)
- Their venture should be legally registered and headquartered in an African union member country or must have begun with the registration of the venture before July 1, 2022
- The venture may be a for-profit or non-profit organization, but must be built to be financially sustainable
- The venture must be involved in one of these areas: agri-food research and development, primary food production, mechanization, automation or robotics, crop nutrition, hydroponics, crop protection, logistics and distribution, waste management and recycling, innovative finance for the agri-food sector, renewable energy solutions for the agri-food sector, food retail, and digital or technology solutions for the agri-food sector.
How The Competition Will Unfold
Applications will remain open until June 6, 2022.
About 24 semi-finalists will be selected from the pool of applicants and will be informed of their status via email and WhatsApp in July. They will be interviewed and asked for more information.
A total of 12 finalists– 6 males and 6 females –will be chosen by the jury at the end of July 2022, and be informed of their status via email and WhatsApp. They will be invited to compete in an online pitch contest for a chance to win $50,000.
The winners– 1 man and 1 woman –will each receive a grand prize of $50,000.
If you would like to apply for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2022, click hereFeatured Image Source: Talk opportunity
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- The Custodian Graduate Trainee Program 2023 for Young Graduates
- Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria, First Week of June 2023
- The NASME Youth Empowerment Business Scheme Competition
- The Heirs Life Essay Championship 2023 for Secondary Schools
Leave a Reply