What Is Our Focus This Year?The importance of Science, Technology, and Innovation (STI) in African growth cannot be overemphasised. STI has been a driver of economic growth and development all over the world. While advanced economies have used their education system to champion development in STI, African schools appear to be playing little or no active role in the development of STI. For example, a report by UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS) shows that several countries in Africa have no active policy or plan to implement science and technology into the education system. At this year’s edition of the Business of Education Summit, subject matter experts and renowned innovators would be convened to dissect how we can place science, technology and innovation at the epicentre of Africa’s socio-economic development and growth through our education system. We will discuss the impact of STI on critical sectors and how our education system can be an enabler. 5 key questions:
- How can we unlock the potential for STI in our schools?
- How can we develop and promote an education system that inspires STI?
- How can we embed STI in our curriculum?
- How can we build our Teachers capacity to deliver on STI?
- What are the career prospects and opportunities in STI for the next generation?
Innovation ShowcaseOne of the key highlights at this year’s summit is the Innovation Showcase – an opportunity to showcase inventions/innovations in our schools. If you would like to pick an exhibition space to showcase innovations created by your students, kindly let us know (+2348036566809). Some of our exhibitors will have the opportunity to present their students’ work to the audience and media on the stage.
Master Class SessionAnother key highlight at this year’s summit is the special master class session for the Educators in the early years or those desiring to play in the early years space. Experts from the International Pre-School Curriculum (IPC) and AIM Middle East will lead the session on “Integrating STEAM into Early Years Teaching”. The session will hold between 5 pm – 7 pm. It will earn all participants a certificate from IPC and will cost a token of $45 or N20,000. To participate in this break-out session, please click HERE or call: +234-7052704253
- Date: Thursday, 28 October 2021.
- Time: 10 am WAT
- Venue: Muson Centre, Onikan Lagos. (The event will also be live-streamed)
- Contact details (Name, Email, Phone Nos): Edusko Team, firstname.lastname@example.org, +2348036566809
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- FirstFounders Launches Three Investor-Ready Startups into the Market
- RegTech Africa & Agpaytech Launches 2023 State of the Industry Report
- CMA Labs Births to Enhance Climate Innovation in Africa
- 10th Anniversary of Our Annual Masterclass