Very often, we come across videos/GIFs on Twitter that we would love to download onto our devices so that we can watch them later or share with close pals, but because Twitter does not have the download feature, we are unable to do that. Luckily, the @this_vid bot makes downloading videos/GIFs mentioned in tweets very easy. The bot was developed by Shalvah Adebayo, a seasoned developer and former software engineer at Konga. He built the bot when he realized that people need a fast and intuitive way to download videos/GIFs on Twitter.
How to Use
@this_vid is pretty easy to use.
To download any video from Twitter all you have to do is:
- mention @this_vid in a reply to the tweet containing the video.
- Within a few minutes, the bot will reply you with a download link for that video/GIF.
- On your mobile device or PC, click on the link, and it will open in your web browser.
- You can now download the video. If you are using Google Chrome, click on the three dots in the lower-right corner and you’ll see a “Download” or “Save Video As…” option. Clicking on it will download the video.
Because Twitter limits the number of tweets a user can send to 2400 tweets a day and the bot currently gets as many as 1000 requests daily, there may be times when the bot’s reply with your download link might be delayed. In such a situation, you can visit here to view the link to the video you want to download. Do not forget to supply your correct Twitter handle to the URL above. Also, if you use @this_vid often, you’ll find links to all the videos you’ve tried downloading in the past using @this_vid when you visit the URL above.
The video downloading bot already has 53k+ followers on Twitter, indicating that more and more people are finding it very useful.
You might also like:
- Top 3 Profitable Solutions The CleanTech Industry Can Provide in Nigeria
- How HealthTechs In Nigeria Can Overcome (Infra)structural Challenges In Nigeria
- The Prospects for Tech Career in The Future
- How To Succeed Where Others Fail: 8 Tech Startup Tips