Read more about Social Media
Getting verified means that the platform recognizes your profile to be the authentic profile of the person or brand that it represents. Therefore, whenever you come across an Instagram profile, be sure to acknowledge that it is the original account of the celebrity, public figure, or brand as opposed to a fake and unofficial one. The Instagram verification helps brands to stand out and look credible. It also makes them easily identifiable because when people search for them, amongst the numerous pages that may pop up, the one with the blue tick is the one they are looking for. Getting verified on Instagram is not as easy as A-B-C. It is not something that anyone could readily get. But you, too, can get verified on the social platform and be the one-and-only when you follow these steps.
- Make sure that your Instagram profile is 100% complete, and that it has a bio and a profile picture. You can add your brand’s tagline (and website, if any) to the bio.
- Have a large fan base/followers. This will prove that your profile is genuine. You can have a great following when you post great content frequently.
- Take time to fish out impersonator accounts. Instagram maintains that: “Accounts representing well-known figures and brands are verified because they have a high likelihood of being impersonated.” Hence, you have to let Instagram know that you are at risk of getting impersonated.
- Stay active on your account. Do this by engaging with your audience regularly, and by making great pictures content.
- In order to convince Instagram to give you that seal of approval, make sure that you are widely recognized. When you Google yourself or your brand, do you get results that give more information about yourself or your brand? Consider if you are well-known on the Internet.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- Since you can only get verified on the app through an application, it is therefore unwise for you to try and buy the verification. You could get penalized for going against any of the platform’s community guidelines.
- Do not add links to your other social media accounts on other platforms in your Instagram bio. Instagram frowns at cross-platform links on profiles. However, you can add links to your website or other web pages.
- Improve your searchability and try to get notable out there. This means that you have to be active or your PR needs to be active. You could optimize your posts with branded hashtags to increase your brand’s visibility.
- Post content that is unique. Try to personalize your posts to help you distinguish yourself from impersonator accounts.
- Get a professional PR or a digital agency that can help you submit the request for verifying your account. This is the most legitimate assistance available unlike trying to buy the verification.
- Log into your account, then navigate to Settings from the menu on the top right.
- From Settings, click on “Account” and select “Request Verification.”
- Complete the required fields and then click on Send to start the review process.
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- How To Earn Money from Twitter’s Ad Revenue Sharing Program
- Generating Traffic for Your LinkedIn Account: Proven Strategies
- 5 Conversation Ideas for Your Business Page
- Harnessing the Power of the LinkedIn Algorithm