If you are a young person in Nigeria and you would like to build a career in the public sector—especially in the legislature –here’s your chance to get firsthand experience in that space.
The Legislative Mentorship Initiative Program invites young leaders and professionals who are interested in governance to apply for a place in its fellowship. The program will provide them with hands-on training and engagement that will prepare participants for life in the public service.
This program will include three weeks of residential training, a one-month internship, and a month of virtual training and community interactions. The organizers hope that the program will help participants better understand the legislature, and make them more eager to make a positive impact through public service.
Persons who take part in this program will enjoy the following benefits:
- Receive lectures that will broaden their understanding of government in Nigeria and how it works.
- Examine case studies and watch simulations and documentaries of legislative practice in the country.
- Be interns with MPs, and get privileged access to the legislative process taking place in real-time.
- Engage in group discussions and assignments that will enrich their knowledge of governance in Nigeria.
This program is open to persons who meet these requirements:
- Should be a citizen of Nigeria.
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree or HND from a recognized institution.
- Aged between 21 and 35 years.
- Should have a track record of leadership and service to their community.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Should be patriotic and passionate about Nigeria’s stability.
Persons who want to apply should fill out and submit the online application form, CV, and personal statement, and upload a one-minute application video.
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- The African Development Bank (AfDB) 2023 Virtual Internship Program for Students
- LEAP Africa Youth Leadership Development Program 2023
- Bank of Industry (BOI) 2023 Entrepreneurship Program
- Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria, Fourth Week of January 2023