Pop-up ads are growing to be common with most mobile devices nowadays. This has become one of the reasons some smartphone users may never own an Android device just because of the pop-up ads embedded into the phone.
However pop-up Ads may be disrupting your phone usage for diverse reasons. A lot of times, these unsolicited Ads may even be a result of the suspicious apps installed on your device.
Read more about Tech
It could also depend on the type of phone. Some cheap Xiaomi phones have Ads integrated into them and they can hardly be disabled.
For phones that are not embedded in pop-up Ads, there are ways to determine which app is responsible for the pop-up Ads.
The ways to reduce or totally stop how the Android operating system sniffs personal data and use the same information to push paid advertisements to users are straight to the point.
This guide will show you in a few steps how to get rid of pop-up ads on your Android phone and disable them:
Stop Pop-Up Ads on Android
1. Locate the Settings button on your phone and click on it.
2. Navigate to ‘Apps & Notifications’ or ‘Apps’
3. Click on ‘Advanced’, then ‘Special App Access’.
4. Then click ‘Display’ on the other apps.
Once this is done, you will see a list of all the apps that have permission to show pop-up ads.
Check the list for apps that you want to Stop seeing Ads or pop-up notifications from.
5. Then tap the name of apps generating the pop-up Ads.
7. Switch the button next to ‘Allow display over other apps to the ‘Off’ position.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
There’s no way to disable pop-up ads on the home screen while leaving them on the lock screen – you’ll have to get rid of pop-up ads completely.
Note that these steps on disabling Ads may vary slightly from one phone manufacturer to another phone manufacturer. However, the process follows the same principle of adjusting the Ads settings on your mobile device.
More particularly, for these tips to work on your phone, it has to run an Android 9 and above.
Also, if your phone is running on an operating system lower than Android 9, you can download the AdGuard AdBlocker App from PlayStore to disable unwanted Ads.Featured image source: The Jakarta Post
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- 6 Business Ideas within AgriTech Nigerian Entrepreneurs Can Explore
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Invest in Nigeria’s PropTech Industry
- FriendnPal is Now Available on Google Playstore
- Building A Solid Food Tech Startup for a Nigerian Market