- To lock files on your computer: Install 7-Zip or WinRAR. Open the program and then create a new archive. Select to encrypt its contents and password-protect them.
Read more about Tech
- Hold down the Windows key and then press any of the arrow keys to cause a window to snap to either direction on your screen. Essentially it is dividing your screen to aid multi-tasking for much better productivity. Hold down Shift and Windows and then use the arrow keys to shift the window to another screen. Holding the Windows key and pressing P, you will be able to set up another display provided a VGA or HDMI cable is connected.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Tto reopen a recently closed tab when using a browser. This comes in handy when your browser does not allow you to restore your old tabs especially after you lost power or your system gave out for any reason.
- Ctrl+Zis the shortcut hacks for undoing whatever it is you need to. Ctrl+Y does the exact opposite-as in undoing the undoing.
- While on YouTube, hit K to pause the video. L and J would automatically fast forward your video by 10 seconds or rewind by it by 10 seconds in that order.
- If you forgot your Wi-Fi password then go to the “Network and Sharing Centre” and right-click on Wi-Fi connection icon> Wireless Properties. Click on Show Characters box to see your password.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- For a faster boot(as many running programs may slow booting) on Window 10, Open task manager or press Ctrl+Shift+Esc. Go to the start-up tab and then configure which program you want to launch during booting.
- “GodMode” is a feature on Windows that allows for a centralised control panel for OS settings hence making it that much easier to set just about anything on your system. To use this feature, create a new folder through File Explorer>Desktop with this exact name: God Mode.(ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C). The icon will automatically change to a control panel-ish icon and you will be able to make all kinds of changes to settings from there.
- To paste any copied text in plain text form and not just formatted text (Ctrl+V), use Ctrl+Shift+V. this way the text will be pasted unformatted as would normally be the case
- To delete an entire word, hold down Ctrl+Backspace. It will make deleting a lot faster as opposed to deleting a letter at a time.
- Emojis are natively supported on PC and to access them hold down the Windows key +. (full stop/period). To move the cursor around without using the touchpad, use the Ctrl key+ arrow keys.
Got a suggestion? Contact us: editor at connectnigeria dot com
You might also like:
- 5 Reasons to Start a PropTech Business in 2023
- Data Breach Epidemic in Africa: Nigeria Takes the Lead with a 64% Increase
- Addressing the Critical Financial Challenges of Nigerian FinTechs
- ChatGPT founder, Sam Altman, visits Nigeria on an AI tour
Leave a Reply