“Since most people are at home now and have extra hours, why not help them put the time to good use by providing relevant trainings? At the end of the COVID-19 pandemic, they will be armed with skills to help get prepared for times ahead”
These were words spoken by the NECA Director-General, Mr. Timothy Olawale. According to him, NECAPreneur forms part of the organization’s contributions to economic and capacity development in supporting access to online education for Nigerians currently staying at home over the Coronavirus pandemic.
Read more about Tech
NECAPreneur is a partnership involving the Nigerian Employers Consultative Association (NECA); Imagine Business Solutions (IBS), the builders and owners of technology that powers NECAPreneur; and Redwood Consulting Limited (RC), the marketing consultants (with end-to-end responsibility for product delivery of NECAPreneur).
NECAPreneur is an e-solution targeted at providing an easy-to- access opportunity for the teeming Nigerian youths to upscale their skills and ultimately add to national development. NECAPreneur targets young people with the following criteria:
- 100 level to final year undergraduates
- Fresh graduates already engaged in entrepreneurship
- Literate Nigerians already engaged in entrepreneurship
The online course is delivered in 3 stages – Basic, Intermediate and Advanced with each of these stages consisting of between 7 – 9 Modules on different aspects of entrepreneurship. Some of the Modules include how to generate a business idea, market knowledge, the place of personal effectiveness in entrepreneurship, logistics & operations, how best to make your money, sales in focus, market knowledge, how anyone can start a business, amongst others. Each of the Training Module is delivered online using animated video and pdf media.
Initially the participants are expected to pay the sum of N5,000.00 (Five Thousand Naira Only) as part of signing up for each of the 3 stages, but with the extended lockdown and hope that people should take advantage of the COVID-19 pandemic to prepare for uncertain times after the pandemic is over.
The following are the benefits of the online entrepreneurship course by NECA:
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
1. Hand-holding participants on Entrepreneurship (from scratch to top)
2. Teach the ABC of Entrepreneurship – anyone can succeed
3. Provide internship leads with SMEs etc.
4. Help link prospective entrepreneurs to available support systems
5. Provide opportunity for face-to- face engagement with leading senior entrepreneurs (Twice a year in Lagos NECAPreneur Parley)
6. Provide a Certificate of participation
You can access the course at the designated website. Once you complete the simple registration process for participation on NECAPreneur, you are ready to go.
This free entrepreneurship course is said to be open to the general public for only 6 weeks beginning from April, after which it would revert back to its paid access in June. Take advantage of the course while it is available and free within the allotted time, don’t wait for last minute learning because the materials are not downloadable or transferable.
Free course duration: April to June.
My final words will be a quote by Cadet Maxim:
“Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible.”-Cadet Maxim
Featured Image Source: Newzander News
Did you find this article useful? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- The Importance of Having a Mobile App for Your Business
- Flutterwave acquires more FinTech licenses in Rwanda
- Creating Crypto Payment Solutions for Fintech Startups
- Agritech Startups: Creating Predictive Analytics Solutions
Leave a Reply