As part of activities marking its 15th anniversary, Paradigm Initiatives invites young Africans to enter its debate/essay competition.
It has organized this competition for persons who are passionate about digital rights in Africa and are eager to make their opinion on this known to the public across the continent.
How The Competition Will Unfold
The competition will happen in two rounds:
First Round: Entrants will submit an essay on the topic: “are social and cultural norms in Africa impeding the realization of digital rights and inclusion?” They will argue for or against the premise in their essay, which should not be longer than 1,500 words.
Second Round: The organizers will select eight candidates who scale through the first stage and place them in groups of four each. One group will argue for the premise, and the other will argue against it. The debate will take place virtually via Zoom on Thursday, July 20, 2022.
PIN will announce the winners of the debate during its Anniversary Dinner slated for Saturday, July 23, 2022. It will then select four candidates (two from each team), to compete in the finale.
Winners will get an all-expenses-paid trip to Zimbabwe and receive a laptop set at the PIN festival, which will take place from October 10-14.
Persons who want to enter the competition should meet these conditions:
- Be between 18 and 25 years old
- Be an African currently living on the continent
You might also like:
- Apply for the Meta and Ingressive for Good Social Media Marketing Scholarships
- Dufil Prima Foods is Inviting Applications for its 2023 Graduate Trainee Program
- The African Development Bank (AfDB) 2023 Virtual Internship Program for Students
- LEAP Africa Youth Leadership Development Program 2023