Read more about #EndSARS
- Get you a VPN: The bulk of VPN’s out there are subscription-based but a good few operate a freemium model. Some of these are Nord VPN, Hola, Private Internet Access, Express VPN, Private VPN, Surfshark, IP Vanish VPN. These networks will mostly give the first month’s trial free then you begin to subscribe afterwards.
- Verify that your network is truly safe: This is because government agents may be on to this tip and create VPNs that allow them to reel in unsuspecting users so make sure you are using one that is safe and uncompromised. ThatOnePrivacySite would be useful in verifying VPN safety.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- Use 2 Factor authentication on your Twitter: 2 Factor verification allows you to make your social media accounts that much more secure against hackers. A multi-factor authentication mechanism allows users to access accounts only after presenting two or more evidence. Usually, the mechanism will require knowledge (something only you know), possession (something only you possess), inherence (something or feature unique to you).
- Bridgefy: Bridgefy allows mobile applications to work without the internet through mesh networks. Mesh networks are basically a network of Bluetooth enabled mobile devices. Each Bluetooth enabled phone can communicate within 100 (110 yards, 330 feet) of each other. But with Bridgefy, an entire network of individual devices lend themselves to a network that allows a user communicated over a much longer distance as the signal is bounced off each device in the mesh till it reaches its target. the network can have an unlimited number of applications in its network and can work completely offline. The application comes in handy for periods such as this as well as emergency situations such as floods and earthquakes that take out internet infrastructure entirely for large areas.
Got a suggestion? Contact us: editor at connectnigeria dot com
You might also like:
- 7 Essential Tools for Setting Up Smart Farming in Nigeria
- 7 Essential Management Software for Agribusinesses in Nigeria
- Aduna Capital Fund for Northern Nigerian and Female Run Tech Startups
- 6 Dollar Investment Apps to Protect Your Funds from Inflation in 2024