If you are actively involved in projects that drive positive change and social justice in your community, here is an opportunity for you to get the support and training you need to take your mission to new levels.
The Transparency Information Technology initiative (TransparencIT), a civic technology organization, invites community champions in Nigeria to apply for its Civic Changemakers Fellowship Program. It intends for this program to nurture young civil society leaders and their solutions and build up their capacity to effect positive change in the communities they serve.
This program’s organizers will select ten persons from the pool of applicants and work with them to scale their solutions. Those solutions will be ones that TransparencIT adjudges to be potentially effective at promoting civic participation and improving governance.
The program will last for three months. Participants will learn via training sessions, group work and networking. At the end of the program, they should be considerably better at implementing effective solutions to social problems.
Persons who take part in this program will benefit from it in the following ways:
- Interact with international experts on equity and social justice
- Gain access to training and mentorship opportunities
- Get support from TransparencIT and its partners to build and scale solutions to governance challenges and civic participation hurdles
- Learn to leverage technology to drive greater advocacy in their communities
Anyone who wants to apply for this opportunity must meet these conditions:
- Must be between 18 and 35 years old at the time they apply for the program
- Should be citizens of Nigeria and reside in the country at the time the program takes place
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language
- Should be available to attend the program’s online and in-person activities
Note: The organizers encourage women living with disability to apply.
How The Program Will Unfold
Applications will remain open until June 30. TransparencIT will inform the applicants they have selected in July and August.
Orientation and training will begin in September, while the civic leadership retreat will hold in December.
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- Apply For The FrieslandCampina Graduate Professional Scheme 2022
- Apply For The Flour Mills Of Nigeria Graduate Trainee Program
- The FCMB Executive Trainee Program For Young Nigerian Graduates
- Latest Job Vacancies In Nigeria, Second Week Of August 2022