Oxfam, in collaboration with the Enterprise Development Center (EDC), is organizing an impact program for SMEs in Nigeria. This program is designed to support Small and Medium Scale Enterprises in the country with the resources and technical guidance they require to fulfil their growth and social impact potential.
The SME Impact Program happens annually and is built for businesses that need more than just funding to scale. Through the program, Oxfam provides tailor-made business development services that will enable selected SMEs to become more effective at achieving their goals.
This program is made possible by the Work In Progress! Alliance, which consists of Oxfam, Venture Capital for Africa (VC4A), Butterfly Works, and IOM. The alliance exists to power the creation of jobs and fuel entrepreneurship by strengthening SMEs and helping young people to acquire and sharpen value-generating skills.
Businesses selected for the Oxfam-EDC SME Impact Program will enjoy the following benefits:
- Get support with business development services tailored specifically for them
- Be enabled to achieve greater social and economic impact in their host communities and regions
- Have their social impact measured over a period of time
- The business development support will be subsidized by the organizers and their partners
Applicants for this program are expected to meet these conditions:
- Be a business that’s operational in Nigeria.
- Be from one of these sectors: agriculture (the entire value chain), manufacturing, ICT, recycling, renewable energy, and producers of women’s consumer products.
- Entrepreneurs must be aged between 25 and 40 years.
- The business must have between 10 and 250 employees.
- It must have existed for at least two years.
- Must have an annual turnover of at least ₦40 million.
- Applicants should be willing to pay a commitment fee of ₦75,000 if selected for the program.
The Application Process
If you are eligible for this program, you can apply for it online by following these steps:
- Begin by clicking the registration button on the registration page.
- After completing your registration, click the “start application” button on the start application tab.
- When you’re done with your application, click the “submit” button to send the application to the organizers.
- After applications close, you will be informed if you have been selected for the next stage of the competition
- Check the Oxfam program page regularly for updates
Applications for the program will close on 25 March 2022.
If you would like to apply for the Oxfam-EDC SME Impact Program 2022, click here.Featured Image Source: SME Digest
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- Apply For The FrieslandCampina Graduate Professional Scheme 2022
- Apply For The Flour Mills Of Nigeria Graduate Trainee Program
- The FCMB Executive Trainee Program For Young Nigerian Graduates
- Latest Job Vacancies In Nigeria, Second Week Of August 2022