The Lagos State Government has set up the Graduate Internship Placement Programme (GIPP) for graduates of tertiary institutions who reside in the state. Under the programme, about 4,000 unemployed persons will get internships in private organizations and public agencies.
According to the state government, this initiative is in line with the THEMES agenda of its present administration. It will give candidates the chance to develop the skills they need to secure long term employment.
Applicants who the programme’s organizers select will work with businesses that partner with it. They will be interns for six months and receive a monthly stipend for as long as the programme lasts.
Persons who take part in the GIPP will benefit from it in the following ways:
- Gain practical work experience that will enhance their CVs
- Acquire valuable skills that will make them employable
- Be exposed to potential entrepreneurial opportunities
- Get paid a monthly stipend of ₦40,000 for the duration of the programme
This programme is open to people who meet these conditions:
- Must be registered residents of Lagos i.e. registered with the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA)
- Possess an NYSC certificate or letter of exemption
- Graduate of a recognized tertiary institution
Note: Applicants will take an online test. Successful candidates will receive training in employability skills for two weeks. After this, the programme’s organizers will evaluate them, and place them with various private organizations and public agencies. Placements will depend on candidates’ qualifications.
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- Apply For The FrieslandCampina Graduate Professional Scheme 2022
- Apply For The Flour Mills Of Nigeria Graduate Trainee Program
- The FCMB Executive Trainee Program For Young Nigerian Graduates
- Latest Job Vacancies In Nigeria, Second Week Of August 2022