MEST Africa, a leading pan-African incubator, training program and tech hub, is now receiving applications for the 2022 MEST Africa Challenge. It is specifically looking for entries from pre-seed and seed stage startups in a number of African countries, including Nigeria.
The organizers of the challenge intend it to be a means through which some of the most outstanding startups on the continent raise funding, grow valuable networks, and gain transnational exposure. They want this program to drive the growth of promising African tech ventures.
MEST Africa will choose two finalists from each of these countries (in which regional contests will be held): Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, and South Africa. The finalists will take part in a final Demo Day pitch event set to happen in Accra, Ghana. The winner will receive the grand prize of $50,000 in equity.
Startups that participate in the challenge may enjoy the following benefits:
- Get funding of up to $50,000
- Receive professional coaching and mentoring from world-class experts
- Become a part of the MEST community, build international networks, and enjoy long-term benefits
- Gain global visibility
Applicants should meet these conditions:
- Should be at the pre-seed or seed stage, and raised a total of $100,000 or less thus far
- Must already be generating revenue in one of the MEST Africa Challenge countries (Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, and South Africa)
- Must have been in operation for not more than two years at the time of entering the challenge
- May run with a B2B, B2C, B2B2C, or B2G model; the challenge is sector agnostic
Applications remain open until August 30, 2022.
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- Apply for the Sahara Group 2023 Graduate Management Trainee Program
- The Founder Institute Lagos Spring 2023 Cohort for Entrepreneurs
- Helium Health Graduate Trainee Program 2023 for Young Nigerians
- Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria, January 30- February 3 2023