Did you know you can enjoy meals that are healthy and still delicious? Zogale (Moringa salad) from the Northern part of Nigeria is one of such nutritious meals with extraordinary taste and amazing health benefits. It is satisfying too.
It is rich in antioxidants, lowers blood sugar levels and cholesterol amongst other amazing health benefits. With every taste of Zogale, you unfurl your taste buds with uninterrupted sweetness.
If you’re wondering what it will taste like and how to prepare it, here’s everything you need to know.
- Zogale (Moringa leaves)
- Fresh tomatoes
- Scotch bonnet peppers
- Black pepper
- Blended kuli-kuli (peanut bars)
- 1 medium-sized onion
- Cucumber (optional)
How to Prepare
- Wash the moringa leaves thoroughly.
- Boil them with enough water (to cover the leaves) for about five minutes.
- Pour the boiled leaves into a sieve to drain the water and allow to cool.
- Squeeze out all the water from the leaves and pick out the stems.
- In a clean bowl, spread the squeezed Moringa leaves and, pour in the blended kuli-kuli, salt, chopped scotch bonnet peppers and black pepper. Some prefer to use more pepper to spice it better. Toss until it is well mixed.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, sliced onions and cucumber. Add your seasoning and salt to taste.
- Serve with suya gizzard skewers.
You might also like:
- 7 Tips For Bleaching Palm Oil
- Origin of the Nigerian Food: Okpa
- Afang Soup Recipe
- Food Recipe: Nkwobi