Read more about Social media roundup
1. Ric HassaniThe gist is this: Ric Hassani released his album last Friday and he announced that album with its lead single “Thunder Fire You”. The song was bound to draw eyebrows but it still came as a bit of a shock when the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) banned it from being played on the mainstream.
We've been blessed with so many hit tracks/videos by our music stars in the last one month.— Chuma Nnoli (@ChumaNnoli) March 4, 2021
Dj Kaywise ft. Phyno – High Way
Ajebo Hustlers ft. Omah Lay – Pronto
Ric Hassani – Thunder Fire You
Chiké ft. Simi – Running
Joeboy – Focus
Just to mention a few…Nigeria to the World!
How did @RicHassani perform " Thunder fire you " with a straight face?😂😂😂😂😂— Descendant of Epasa'a Moto 𓃵🇨🇲 (@Desmond_I_am) March 8, 2021
Man turned a regular convo to beautiful lyrics 👏👏👏👏
TRACE is playing "thunder fire you", NBC Inna the boue.— 0xAqUaMoThErFuCkEr🧜🏿♂️ (@The_Farouque) March 3, 2021
Naturally, the ban ramped up attention on the single and the album. What is interesting is that the album is actually really good and if the ban did not happen it would have had negligible numbers on streaming media. Hassani is really underrated for someone who has been doing music for nearly a decade professionally now.
I've listened to it, I've seen the video. Why did NBC really bam Thunder fire you?— Gorzhye (@stgorzhye) March 5, 2021
2. Akah And ClaireWell, Claire Idera and Akah Nnani have been a thing on YouTube for a while now but you probably did not know because maybe it is not your cup of tea. Well, a recent vlog from their channel had social media buzzing this week. The whole conversation revolved around how the married deal with the vagaries of a young marriage and how having a baby affects it.
I appreciate the conversation that Akah and Claire started but the way some of you are speaking on Akah like he hated his wife is unsettling. He has some learning to do but this rhetoric I'm seeing on the TL is disgusting— Efe ✨ (@thefemmeindiana) March 3, 2021
3. Bella ShmurdaThe 23-year-old is the talk of social media after hinting at a raunchy video for his runaway hit, Rush. Videos like that are time tested plays at gaining attention. The good thing is the song is by itself popular, video or not. The extra attention dropping it would garner is a given what the trend tables are saying.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
4. IheanachoNigerians love football and it goes without saying that we look out for those who are performing well in the European scene to rave about. Former youth prodigy, Kelechi Iheanacho slighted his critics in midweek when he scored a fine volley when Leicester City faced Burnley in the English Premier League. Interestingly the assist came from compatriot, Wilfred Ndidi, who is another high-flyer in the Leicester squad. Call it a Nigerian connection, you won’t be wrong.
GOAL Burnley 1-1 Leicester (34 mins)— Premier League (@premierleague) March 3, 2021
Kelechi Iheanacho gets the visitors back on level terms with a brilliant first-time finish#BURLEI
Ndidi and Iheanacho combine for a Leicester goal for the first time, and they produce magic ✨— Soar Super Eagles (@SSE_NGA) March 3, 2021
Can't stop watching.pic.twitter.com/1TpBDt1nov
5. Leaving NigeriaThe past 48-hours on Twitter has been dominated by the trend. Users post pictures of a time before they left Nigeria and now that they live abroad and many such posts have garnered major engagement. The trend speaks to the sad notion now firmly held by young Nigerians that there is not much good to be had in Nigeria these days.
I gotta jump on this trend— Akinnusi Ayodele (@seventeen_5ve) March 4, 2021
Then Vs Now
The first day I landed Vs. Now pic.twitter.com/V3Wb5qHqpu
Share and comment on what other trends you feel were relevant in your opinion. Featured Image Source: Naija Vibes
Then vs Now— Sammyflek (@sammygaland) March 5, 2021
Currently Medical students in Russia pic.twitter.com/iixr6IB3Pe
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- How To Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile (2)
- Content Creation Ideas
- Top 5 Strategies To Gain Visibility On Social Media
- How To Hire A Social Media Manager