Read more about Education
Themed “Innovative Solutions to Combat Period Poverty in Nigeria”, the 2024 National Essay Competition is part of SFEG’s multifaceted approach to celebrating International Women’s Day 2024 remarkably. This initiative combines the essay competition and a revolutionary Period Summit scheduled for the 6th of March 2024, creating a powerful platform for community voices to enhance inclusivity and equity. It also serves as an avenue for young girls and women to unleash their creative brilliance, contributing their voices to shattering economic barriers, thereby creating an invaluable impact on the lives of the girl-child across generations.
“This year’s essay theme is a crucial topic aimed at sparking a wave of meaningful discussions and imaginative ideas that have the potential to provide concrete solutions to period poverty in Nigeria”,said Chioma Nwigwe, Founder of Safety For Every Girl and convener of The Period Summit.
Sign up for the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
“We extend our heartfelt gratitude to our esteemed sponsors, MTN, Tenece, and Platform Branding Company, for their support in making this impactful initiative possible. Together, we strive to inspire a collective effort towards inclusivity and equity, empowering a future where every girl can embrace her full potential,”she added, inviting more individuals and organisations to join the movement to shape change and champion menstrual equity across Nigeria.
Competition DetailsThe competition is divided into two categories – Teen (13-19 yrs ) and Adult (20-35 yrs), offering substantial cash prizes to the winners.
- Teen Category: 1st Prize: N400,000; 2nd Prize: N250,000; 3rd Prize: N150,000
- Adult Category: 1st Prize: N750,000; 2nd Prize: N400,000; 3rd Prize: N200,000
- Interested participants are to write on the topic “Innovative Solutions to Combat Period Poverty in Nigeria.”
- All essays must be submitted at safetyforeverygirl.com
- The competition closes at 11.59 pm WAT on the 15th of February 2024
Register to attend the CN Business Mixer
About Safety For Every GirlSafety For Every Girl (SFEG) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to dismantling barriers, eradicating period stigma, and empowering girls in marginalised communities across Nigeria to discover their voices. Its impactful approach tackles stigmas, taboos, and inequalities associated with menstruation through service, education, and advocacy. SFEG provides sustainable period management products and conducts educational programs on menstrual health, sparking crucial conversations against period poverty across Nigeria.
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- ProvidusBank SME Program 2024 for Nigerian Entrepreneurs
- Growth4Her Investor Readiness Accelerator 2024
- Wema Bank Bankers-in-Training Program 2024
- SystemSpecs Children’s Day Essay Competition 2024