A bowl of warm oats is a common breakfast. Using oats to thicken soups in place of cocoyam is another way of incorporating them into meals. But there seems to be a growing list of what to make with them with this recipe for oat muffins.
- 2 eggs
- ½ to ¼ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of butter
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1½ cup of oats
- Dried mixed fruits to garnish (optional)
- A pinch of salt
[You’ll need muffin/cupcake cups]
- Grease the muffin cups.
- Whisk the eggs, then add sugar, butter and milk until smooth.
- Add the flour, oat, baking powder, dried fruits and salt and mix them to form a batter.
- Preheat your oven.
- Whilst preheating, fill up the already greased muffin cups with the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes then check to see if the tops are golden brown.
- Also, check by inserting a toothpick inside a cup. If it comes out non-sticky, your oat muffins are ready!
You might also like:
- Recipe For Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Recipe For Pepper Soup Rice
- Recipe For Banging Steamed Vegetables
- Recipe For Scent Leaves Okro Soup