The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Consulate General Lagos invites non-governmental organizations working in Southern Nigeria to submit proposals for small (up to 9,900. USD) grants. The proposals must support at least one of the goals outlined below. Deadline for submission is March 29, 2018. Depending on the availability of funding, grants will be awarded in June, 2018.
Grants must support at least one of the following goals:
• Democracy and Human Rights – for instance: minority integration, human rights, transparency in government, freedom of media, empowerment of women and youth, and citizen participation in entrepreneurship
• Mutual Understanding – including art and culture, education
• Global Issues – such as: environment, energy independence and sustainability, counter-terrorism, immigration, and economic prosperity
The criterion for grants is:
• Applicant must be a Nigerian non-governmental organization (NGO) that is registered, or individuals based in, the following states: Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Enugu, Imo, Abia, Ebonyi, and Cross River.
• Applicant must live and work in one of the above-mentioned states.
• Only one proposal per group for this funding opportunity.
• Applicant may have received a previous PAS small grant only one time.
• Period of performance is 12 months.
• The request for grant funds is between USD 2,000 to 9,900. (Note: Funds will be given in Naira at the official CBN rate at the time the grant is awarded.)
• Applicant must submit, via e-mail, a complete application as described in this notice.
o The e-mail address for submission is: LagosPASGrants@state.gov
o Only proposals submitted via e-mail, by March 29, in the correct format will be considered.
Priority will be given to projects that:
• Demonstrate substantial benefits to the participants’ community;
• Provide concrete, realistic goals and objectives with an equally realistic budget;
• Are free of spelling and grammar errors, in clear, concise English.
REQUIRED FORMAT FOR GRANT PROPOSAL
1. Name of organization and/or individual
2. Goal of project focus (at least one of the three goals identified above)
3. Project Title: should identify purpose of project
4. Summary: A clear, concise and compelling description of the project; no more than one paragraph, include specific project goal
5. Goals and Objectives: clearly articulate the specific goal and explicit objectives of the project and how the proposal will achieve its objectives
6. Project Description: A clear description of the program and implementation plan, with anticipated start and end dates; must identify target audience
7. Expected outcomes
8. Follow-on activities: sustainability beyond period of performance
9. Impact/Measurement and Evaluation
10. Budget: Top-line budget; proposals with in-kind or other cost-share will be more compelling
11. Cost Sharing: contribution by partner organization; can be in-kind (e.g. equipment, food, facility) or monetary
12. Resumes for all participants on the project
13. Letter of support from any participating institutions, if applicable.
A 3-Day practical SEO training workshop for Individuals & Organisations that want to 5X their online visibility and sales in 90 days. Marketing is all about; being seen, found and heard. Though, in order to thrive in this fast-changing world, it is essential for businesses to develop and increase their market value. But with … Continue reading A 3-Day Practical SEO Training Workshop
Build a Digital Model for your Business & Not Physical Models, & Spread Through Franchise/Distributors into Other Countries With a big brand stature ONLINE, small businesses can sell through other people’s property (OPP) in foreign countries More people will buy into your franchise if you build a very strong brand ONLINE Digital model increases the … Continue reading Build a Digital Model for your Business
Nigeria Sales Conference is a nonprofit initiative of The Selling Champion Consulting Limited, a Nigerian Council For Management Development accredited leading Sales and Marketing Consulting Company. The main objective of the Nigeria Sales Conference is to provide a credible platform for capacity building and networking of Salespeople, Startups, Entrepreneurs, and Professionals. The conference holds … Continue reading Third Edition of Nigeria Sales Conference holds in Lagos!
The Lagos International Trade Fair is the largest International Trade Fair in Nigeria. The spectacular 10-day event usually begins on the first Friday in November of every year, since 1981. The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry, which is the foremost highly influential in Nigeria, took over the organisation of the fair in 1986 … Continue reading The Lagos International Trade Fair 2022