The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Consulate General Lagos invites non-governmental organizations working in Southern Nigeria to submit proposals for small (up to 9,900. USD) grants. The proposals must support at least one of the goals outlined below. Deadline for submission is March 29, 2018. Depending on the availability of funding, grants will be awarded in June, 2018.
Grants must support at least one of the following goals:
• Democracy and Human Rights – for instance: minority integration, human rights, transparency in government, freedom of media, empowerment of women and youth, and citizen participation in entrepreneurship
• Mutual Understanding – including art and culture, education
• Global Issues – such as: environment, energy independence and sustainability, counter-terrorism, immigration, and economic prosperity
The criterion for grants is:
• Applicant must be a Nigerian non-governmental organization (NGO) that is registered, or individuals based in, the following states: Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Enugu, Imo, Abia, Ebonyi, and Cross River.
• Applicant must live and work in one of the above-mentioned states.
• Only one proposal per group for this funding opportunity.
• Applicant may have received a previous PAS small grant only one time.
• Period of performance is 12 months.
• The request for grant funds is between USD 2,000 to 9,900. (Note: Funds will be given in Naira at the official CBN rate at the time the grant is awarded.)
• Applicant must submit, via e-mail, a complete application as described in this notice.
o The e-mail address for submission is: LagosPASGrants@state.gov
o Only proposals submitted via e-mail, by March 29, in the correct format will be considered.
Priority will be given to projects that:
• Demonstrate substantial benefits to the participants’ community;
• Provide concrete, realistic goals and objectives with an equally realistic budget;
• Are free of spelling and grammar errors, in clear, concise English.
REQUIRED FORMAT FOR GRANT PROPOSAL
1. Name of organization and/or individual
2. Goal of project focus (at least one of the three goals identified above)
3. Project Title: should identify purpose of project
4. Summary: A clear, concise and compelling description of the project; no more than one paragraph, include specific project goal
5. Goals and Objectives: clearly articulate the specific goal and explicit objectives of the project and how the proposal will achieve its objectives
6. Project Description: A clear description of the program and implementation plan, with anticipated start and end dates; must identify target audience
7. Expected outcomes
8. Follow-on activities: sustainability beyond period of performance
9. Impact/Measurement and Evaluation
10. Budget: Top-line budget; proposals with in-kind or other cost-share will be more compelling
11. Cost Sharing: contribution by partner organization; can be in-kind (e.g. equipment, food, facility) or monetary
12. Resumes for all participants on the project
13. Letter of support from any participating institutions, if applicable.
Imagine you have a product you are selling for 50,000 Naira and all of a sudden 10,000 people get to see and learn about this product or service you render. According to recent research, 76 per cent of consumers said they had purchased a product after seeing an online ad. 76% of 10000 people is … Continue reading Get Featured! Let’s Spotlight You To Over 50,000 Readers
Application for the 2023 Savvy Global Fellowship Program for Aspiring and Early-Stage Entrepreneurs is now open! Are you passionate about solving some of the world’s most pressing problems through innovation? Have you ever wanted to build a successful impact-driven business, but didn’t know how to? Do you own an early-stage business that you want to … Continue reading 2023 Savvy Global Fellowship for Aspiring and Early-Stage Entrepreneurs
A 3-Day practical SEO training workshop for Individuals & Organisations that want to 5X their online visibility and sales in 90 days. Marketing is all about; being seen, found and heard. Though, in order to thrive in this fast-changing world, it is essential for businesses to develop and increase their market value. But with … Continue reading A 3-Day Practical SEO Training Workshop
Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.