Read more about Entertainment
1. Jowo (Davido)Easily one of the most recognizable love-themed songs from Davido’s A Better Time album, last year. This song gets people in their feelings. ‘Jowo’ is high up on the playlists out there talk less of the love-themed charts.
2. Ololufe (Flavour)This song has a soothing feel to it. Flavour features Chidinma on this one. Ololufe is a Yoruba word that means ‘lover’ in the English language. This is a pleasing song for you and the one you intend to take things to the next level with. You can also play the song before or after a proposal. That is if you’ll be planning a surprise proposal for your lover on valentine’s day.
3. Love Nwantiti (CKay)This was another sleeper hit from last year. CKay who was signed to Mi’s Lupee Music for a time really happened to 2020 in a sneaky way. The song, ‘Love Nwantiti’ went everywhere and back. The remix did more to swell the song’s numbers as he featured a fan’s favourite Joeboy, whose verse was ‘fire’ on that track. It will make a fine addition for this season.
4. Memories (Ayra Starr)Memories is one of the love-themed songs in Ayra Starr‘s recently released EP. It is a song about love profession and creating love memories. In the lyrical plot, the singer is unashamed to flaunt her love to the world.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
5. Nakupenda (Chike)Nakupenda is a song by Chike in his album, ‘Boo of the Booless’. It is a Swahili word that literally means ‘I Love You’ in the English language. It is suitable for the times as it should help you express your feelings to your beloved.
6. Piece of Me (Wizkid)This is one of the best songs of Wizkid’s Made of Lagos by itself and Ella Mai’s feature just made it that much better. The song will get you in your feelings so be careful how you let it get you.
7. You (Omah Lay)It may be a bit high-pitched for this playlist but it got Omah Lay noticed by many. ‘You’ was on the ‘Get Layd’ EP and it Is a unique feature on that body of work. The entire EP would work for your playlist otherwise but it has a few well-themed.
8. For You (Nonso Bassey)‘For You’ by actor and singer, Nonso Bassey is a song that is suitable for the times because it states how much one can do, how far one can go to prove love to his lover. If there is anyone who still doubts the depth of your love for them, Nonso Bassey’s ‘For You’ should just do the trick for you. Pun Intended.
9. Running to You (Chike & Simi)Actually any title off the Boo of the Booless album will smash your Val’s playlist but this joint is a refix of a joint on the album and trust me Chike’s voice will put you in your feelings like no one else will in the lovesong game. Simi is a shoo-in for this kind of music so you can imagine she’d kill. Add this in and of course, thank me later.
10. High (Lindsey Abudei)To end the day, the perfect end to all your shenanigans on the 14th of February is to slow dance to Linsey Abudei’s ‘High’. Wrapped in the warm embrace of your lover as you guide each other from one step to the other in the dark but with the grace of red and blue lights to give you that romantic feel. Featured Image Source: Blogging and Living
You might also like:
- Ckay’s ‘Love Nwantiti’ Is First Nigerian Song To Hit Diamond Status In France
- Paul Ugbede’s Stage Play, The Two Both of Us
- 4 Tips For Aspiring Models In Nigeria
- Nigerian Singer, CKay, Has Released A New Amapiano Single, ‘Watawi’