His face graced our screens once again in the just concluded The Voice Nigeria where he did what he does best. An excellent host by any standard, IK, who once went by the name of Wild Child, is now best known as the presenter of Big Brother Africa. Here are 7 things you may not know (or may have forgotten!) about him:
- He is now one of Africa’s favourite TV presenters, but it was radio that first pushed him into the limelight. He got his first radio job when Silverbird offered him a gig on the Saturday graveyard shift as the presenter of Rap Culture on Rhythm FM 93.7
- He graduated from the University of Lagos in 2001 with a degree in Economics.
- He’s been married to Olohije since October 3rd, 2008 and they have two children, Osahar and Micah.
- IK works very well with Kemi Adetiba. They were once co-presenters of Studio 53, and also co-hosted Temptation Nigeria.
- He has often been called Ikechukwu by many (including BBA housemate Beverly Osu). His name is actually Ikponmwosa; he’s from Benin City, Edo State.
- He is a committed member of House on the Rock Church and was a member of their fellowship in UNILAG, The Rock Foundation, where he handled publicity.
- He’s a King’s College Lagos alumnus.
You might also like:
- Men You Should Know: Henry Dele Alake
- Men You Should Know: John Omoniyi Abiri
- Men You Should Know: Mike Okibe Onoja
- Men You Should Know: Ifiesimama “Ifie” Sekibo