The African Development Bank (AfDB) is inviting fashion businesses from across the continent to enter its Fashionomics Africa contest. The competition targets designers who create sustainable fashion products and offers cash prizes, branding, and mentoring to winning entrants.
This contest is organized by the AfDB in conjunction with the United Nations Environment Program, the Parsons School of Design, BCPM (a consulting and communications agency), and the Ellen MacArthur Foundation.
Contestants should be involved in the development and execution of environmentally-friendly fashion, and by creating innovative brands that will transform the way fashion products are made, purchased, used, and recycled. They should run with the ultimate aim of driving sustainability in the African fashion industry and consumer market.
Designers or design teams selected as winners will receive the following benefits:
- The winning designer or design team will receive a call prize of $3,000 and other prizes.
- The two runners up will each receive $1,500 in cash prizes, as well as support packages from the organizers.
- The winning brand will get a certificate and will be given the chance to share insights on sustainability issues at online events.
- The winner will also be granted access to the media and experts in the fashion industry and will get mentorship and networking opportunities from the competition’s collaborators.
Entrants to the contest are expected to meet these conditions:
- Be a textile, apparel and accessories entrepreneur from Africa.
- Aged 18 years or older and launched a fashion business.
- Their business must have a maximum of 50 employees.
- Must have produced sustainable designs within the last five years.
The Lead-Up To The Finals
The contest will remain open to entries until March 1, 2022. Entrants should submit pictures of their products, details showing that they run a sustainable business model, and explain how their business is innovative and environmentally friendly.
A panel of five judges (with representatives from AfDB and competition collaborators) will review the entries and announce three finalists by 22 March 2022. These entries will be posted on the Fashionomics Africa digital marketplace and mobile application, where the public will vote for their preferred entrant. This will run until 7 April 2022. The entry with the most votes will win the competition.
If you would like to enter the AfDB Fashionomics Africa Contest, click here.Featured Image Source: The African Development Bank
Did you find this article useful? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- ARM Labs Lagos Techstars Accelerator Program 2023
- Pitch2Win Invites Innovative Web2 and Web3 Startups to Compete for a $10,000 Prize
- $10,000 Grant on Offer in the Global Good Fund 2024 Fellowships
- The LSETF Digital Skills Nigeria Training Program 2023
Leave a Reply