Read more about Tech
Videos are not just recorded and dumped online. There is a lot of sizing and editing that content producers will have to do to get the best viewing results. Most videos to be uploaded online have to be in High Definition (HD) for them to meet viewer standards. However, it is very hard to achieve effective video resizing without having to use dedicated software. One software that does video size reduction effectively is the HandBrake software. Handbrake is a free tool that can help you reduce video size without jeopardising the quality. For instance, a video of about 1GB can be compressed to 278MB approximately if done properly. One other reason that content producers should prefer to reduce video size is so as to have faster video upload speeds. No one would want to spend 5 hours uploading a 3GB video on a mid-performing Internet network.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
To get this done right from your PC, a few steps that will allow you to create quality videos with reduced size are highlighted below:
- Install HandBrake software on your PC/laptop. The software has installable versions compatible with both Windows PCs and Macs.
- Click on the ‘Upload’ button to introduce your video file into the shrinking software.
- Choose the ‘web optimized’ option under the listed format options.
- Click on ‘play’.
- Wait a bit until a confirmation that your video has been compressed is displayed on your screen.
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- 6 Business Ideas within AgriTech Nigerian Entrepreneurs Can Explore
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Invest in Nigeria’s PropTech Industry
- FriendnPal is Now Available on Google Playstore
- Building A Solid Food Tech Startup for a Nigerian Market