Read more about Politics
Mr Okoye who made a call earlier this week in an interview on Channels TV Politics Today made a revelation on INEC’s alleged involvement in underage registering. Children as young as 10 years old were spotted on the Commission’s database, thus making it possible for them to vote in forthcoming elections. The problem was in reaction to leaked images of some children in northern Nigeria being registered as older than 18 years old. Images that trended not only on Twitter but got people’s attention on all other social media outlets and traditional media.
Nigerians must be ready to stage the biggest protest in history. We can't allow INEC deny us a better Nigeria. #InecIsBiased#InecIsTheEnemy— Koded OBI (@Kcbombi) November 17, 2022
INEC, Shettima , Soludo, Tinubu, Amina, Pa Adebanjo, Nigerians, PVCs, North pic.twitter.com/1S0EmOl3DM
According to Okoye,
All INEC plans to rig this election will fail.— Peter Obi's Advocate (@EniyeAmeze) November 17, 2022
Wicked set of people registering kids as eligible voters.
𝗧𝗶𝗻𝘂𝗯𝘂 #InecCleanUp Pa Adebanjo Soludo Tobi Anambra cut1 #30G North Alpha Male Amina Okoye pic.twitter.com/o5bsIQkXjX
“I have seen these pictures as you pointed out, the essence of putting out these is for Nigerians to help the commission further clean up the voters’ register.”
Sign up for the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
He described how far the commission had gone to clean up the voter registration system, acknowledging that it had dealt with the situations that had generated much of the underage voter challenge in the past. He further noted:
“Now what the commission did was that at the end of the continuous voters’ registration exercise, a total of 12,298,949 persons completed their registration. Out of this particular number, the commission declared invalid a total of 2,780,756 persons, leaving a total of 9,518,188 persons. “So what the commission has done is to integrate this number with the existing number on the voters’ register, which stood at around 84 million, giving us a total of 93,522,272. “So that is what we have put out there as a preliminary register that people should check. Now we want people to look at the register and assist the commission.”Okoye also said that to make the process straightforward, they have also uploaded the voters’ register on their website and made it so easy that any person can go on our website and put forward an objection pertaining to the presence of any individual on the register. He, nonetheless, exemplified the steps that Nigerians can follow to help the commission address this issue.
Register to attend the CN Business Mixer
- Visit the INEC registration website https://cvr.inecnigeria.org/
- Log your details by clicking the sign-in/sign-up icon
- Click on Voter Register
- Fill out the “Register of Voters” form with your polling unit information and click “Display Register”
- Run through the registered voters in your polling unit to check for discrepancies such as underage voters or duplicitous information
- On any identified discrepancy such as a case of underage voters, click on the card and the Icon for raising an objection pops up. Click on the “Raise Objection” icon
- This takes you to the page where you can provide some information to ascertain that you are a registered voter
- This takes you to the page of the voter you are raising an objection claim on
- Take a photo of this page as you will be required to upload it on the next stage
- Click next after you review the page of the voter you are raising an objection on
- On the next page displayed, check all the boxes on terms and conditions and upload the picture you took earlier
- Submit the query and confirm the receipt display at the top of the new page, confirming your query has been successfully submitted
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- Collate Africa, Launched to Enhance Election Transparency
- Bruised But Unbowed: Jennifer Efidi
- Who Is Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour?
- Peter Obi Finally Speaks on 2023 Presidential Election
I enjoy your piece of work, regards for all the informative blog posts.
buy cialis online overnight shipping b, Spontaneous seizures were induced by brief 2 3 min application of SR 95531