Read more about Education
During the coronavirus surge of the year 2020, which rendered the world speechless, there was a great shift from physical education in schools to computer-assisted education or online learning in all parts of the world including Nigeria. Online learning is based on formalized learning, provided through electronic devices such as computers, tablets, and even cellular phones that are connected to the internet. This makes it easy for users to learn anytime, anywhere, with few, if any, restrictions. Using e-learning, employees and students have the freedom to learn at their convenience, and at a pace that is right for them. Even though our world is being rid of the coronavirus, online learning sites are still important due to other social problems rampant in Nigeria today. In the northern part of Nigeria, Boko Haram and Fulani herders are still a menace as well as the unknown gunmen. Learning in schools in that part of the country is proving to be a Herculean task. In the relatively secured parts of the country, challenges of robbery, kidnapping, ritual killing, etc. have rendered parents in a quandary as to how to supplement what their children learn in school. Tech professionals who desire to upgrade their skills but can not afford to travel out to learn skills are faced with the problem of becoming redundant. What then is the solution? The solution is online learning. The advantage of digital learning in Nigeria cannot be overemphasized. Online classes are convenient, flexible, more affordable, foster more interaction, and unlock more learning opportunities.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
Online learning platforms in Nigeria to look out for on all levels of education include:
- 9IJA KIDS: 9ijakids is a mobile app designed to equip children ages 3-11 years with critical skills and knowledge to make them ready to take on tomorrow’s challenges using interactive and fun games.
- ClassNotes: This provides every Nigerian secondary school student (JSS1 to SS3) freedom to learn curriculum-relevant subjects and topics they want when they want it, and at the pace they want it. It’s exciting to know that finally, Nigerian students can access curriculum-relevant high school education online. So, if accessing quality secondary school education or acing exams successfully is your goal, then Class notes should be an option.
- Ulesson: The app offers students in Senior Secondary School a holistic learning experience in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, preparing them for Senior Secondary School Exams such as WAEC, GCSE, IGCSE, KCSE, SAT, and more.
- Unicaf: Unicaf is the leading online platform offering affordable, quality higher education to underserved markets, in collaboration with reputable universities in the UK, US, Europe, and Africa. Unicaf partners with universities in the UK, the US, Europe, and Africa to offer online, quality undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, to the benefit of thousands of students in Africa and other continents.
- Nexford University: Their mission is to enable greater social and economic mobility across the world by providing learners access to high-quality, affordable, dynamic online education that prepares them for the global workplace.
- National Open University of Nigeria: NOUN is a paradigm shift from the traditional mode of learning to a combination of face-to-face, learner-centred, technology-assisted, interactive, just-in-time learning, with no social bias or hindrances. The NOUN is evident in all regions of the country.
- Easyprep Virtual Educational Services: This is the first internet-based educational institution focused on making the educational process more efficient and effective for all levels of the educational spectrum (Primary, Junior High Schools, and Senior high schools). Easyprep serves as a virtual teaching assistant (home teacher) for the educational process. Students can follow along with the curriculum electronically through a web application hosted on the internet and subscriptions for service paid through any payment platform in the student’s country of residence.
- Teachme.ng: Ensures inclusive and equitable quality education and promotes lifelong learning opportunities for all, TeachMe started with a burden to help both kids, young people, and everyone learns and acquire skills that can help them achieve their goals. Teachme. ng is one of Nigeria’s Online Marketplaces and one of the best in Africa. A place where everyone can learn any skill like Programming, Yoga, Design, Photography, Spanish, Marketing, Guitar, Finance, Resume writing, Cake Decorating and so much more.
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- How Kwik Logistics Company Ventured Unto E-commerce
- Five Ways To Leverage Technology To Attract New Customers To Your Business
- Max.NG: Nigeria’s Leading Tech Mobility Platform
- Why You Should Join An Online Community