Read more about Social Media
The video-sharing app has grown over the years to be a place where people get enlightened through watching videos posted by YouTube channels. Also, YouTube provides a way for people to store these videos and share them with others. The videos cover any topic at all and they could be embedded in other websites. Most YouTubers have found diverse ways to make money off their channels. If you want to be a part of them, then sit tight and follow this article to know more about how to make money on YouTube. The first way to earn money through your YouTube channel is by joining YouTube’s Partner Program, which to be qualified for, you must have ticked off the following:
- 1000 subscribers.
- 4000 valid watch hours in the past 12 months.
- Sign the terms and conditions.
- Have an AdSense account.
- Get reviewed and approved.
- Comply with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
- On the YouTube homepage, click your profile icon and select “YouTube Studio” in the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Monetization” on the left navigation bar.
- Make sure to meet the requirement, and click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Review and accept YouTube’s terms and guidelines, making sure that your location settings are correct.
- Set up your AdSense account. Enter your email address, the URL you want to show ads on, review the terms and conditions, sign in to your Google account, and create your AdSense account. If you have an AdSense account already, then you have to sign in to it and connect your YouTube channel.
- To monetize soundtracked videos, you will need to get a license for music. With Epidemic Sound Subscription, you can choose from thousands of music and sound effects for your videos.
- The last step in this process has to do with a lot of patience and waiting. You will have to wait for up to a month for the review process. If you do not get accepted, then you can reapply after 30 days.
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
Ways To Earn Money From Your YouTube ChannelThere exist a few ways through which anyone can make money through their YouTube channel. They include:
- Becoming a YouTube influencer and using the featured ads, increasing view count, channel membership and Google AdSense banner to earn money.
- Adding affiliate links on YouTube: This involves sharing links on in-depth tutorials and informative product reviews and getting your subscribers to follow them. You get paid by brands when you share those links with your subscribers.
- Paid sponsorship: Brand marketers can reach out to you and have you mention their products in your videos. They could also work with you on sponsored content like brand endorsements, and product, service, and experience reviews.
- Paid Content: Here, you can sell access to a specific video that you have uploaded. YouTube will let you set the price but you would split the money with YouTube. This strategy works best for business-oriented channels that are looking to sell premium services.
- Super Chat and Super Sticker: YouTube has come up with monetization strategies that allow you to make money as you engage with your audience. These features let chat participants pay to have their chat messages highlighted for immediate attention. This means that their messages become more important than regular chats and you have to interact with them because they paid.
- Crowdfunding: Your YouTube subscribers could pull their resources together to support and sponsor you on a long-term goal or dream. All you have to do is convince them that you are on the right track, and offer them quality content to make up for their sponsorship.
- Utilizing your skills and character ingenuity: You could use your great videographer skills for freelance work. Brands could approach you because they need you to make content and draw an engaged audience through your skills, and your portfolio of videos is enough evidence to show them what you can possibly offer.
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- How To Earn Money from Twitter’s Ad Revenue Sharing Program
- Generating Traffic for Your LinkedIn Account: Proven Strategies
- 5 Conversation Ideas for Your Business Page
- Harnessing the Power of the LinkedIn Algorithm