President Muhammadu Buhari participated in the first presidential media chat within his tenure yesterday on 30 December, 2015.
The President responded to a wide array of questions covering the areas of economy, security, education and governance, all posed by a panel of journalists in studio and citizens on the social media space.
Since its inception in 1999, the chat has served as an avenue for the Presidency to inform the Nigerian public of its ongoing plans for administration.
Some notable quotes from Buhari on the issues included:
1. “By the end of the next quarter, we will not be talking about subsidy. How much is the price of fuel now?” – President Buhari
2. “We are doing quite well in the fight against corruption, considering the circumstances.”- President Buhari
3. “By the end of the first quarter of 2016 we will inform Nigeria of the progress that has been made” (in relation to the fight against corruption) – President Buhari
4. “We may have to send the young unemployed youth seeking N5k fee to farm to earn the money.” – President Buhari
5. “I am going to make sure that nobody is above the law.” – President Buhari
6. “If you’ve got any evidence about any of my Ministers I accept responsibility. You have the right to take them to court.” – President Buhari
7. “We need steady power, railway, roads so that local industry can develop.” – President Buhari
8. “Fashola was not made Super Minister for nothing.” – President Buhari
Did you watch the Presidential Media Chat? Join the conversation on what he said in the comments section below.
You might also like:
This article was first published on 31st December 2015