Read more about Politics
As against the backdrop of what has been seen on the media, there has been various misconceptions, confusions and make-belief analysis on Buhari’s performance for the year 2021. While others have overrated the President’s performance, others have undermined it. In a bid to set the records straight, we took to the “research laboratory” to gather our data from the common man. This article did a breakdown of the opinion poll conducted by NOIPolls. Numerous Nigerians from all walks of life were interviewed. Questions centred around key sectors such as Security, Economy, Electricity supply, Agriculture, Education, and Health.
Research MethodologyThe opinion poll was conducted by NOIPoll at the beginning of December 13th, 2021. Over 1,000 Nigerians nationwide were randomly interviewed through telephone calls. The respondents were between the ages of 18 and above. Respondents were selected from 36 States of the country and the FCT. The interviews were conducted in five languages, namely, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, English language and Pidgin English. One can confidently state that the process of carrying out the survey is valid with 95% confidence. Recognising that the interview might exclude non-telephone-owning Nigerians, the marginal error is plus or minus 45%. However, the method of estimation is precise and accurate based on available respondents.
Level Of Satisfaction and Dissatisfaction
Areas of Dissatisfaction
Sign up to the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
Areas of Satisfaction
Reasons for Dissatisfaction
- The increased insecurity (32%) in the country tops the list of dissatisfaction among adult Nigerians.
- Hunger and economic hardship (21%).
- The inflation rate (12%) also topped the list of reasons why Nigerians are mostly dissatisfied with the year 2021.
- High cost of living (10%).
- High rate of unemployment (8%).
- Failed campaign promises (6%).
- High cost of goods and services (5%).
- Poor economy (3%).
- COVID-19 pandemic (3%).
Reasons for Satisfaction
- Being alive and well (29%).
- Getting a new job (15%).
- Planted and harvested (15%).
- Being thankful to God (14%).
- My farm produces boomed (8).
- The government is trying (6).
- Business Growth (4).
- We thank God for everything (3).
- I am healthy (1).
- No reaction (5).
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- Simple Tips For Getting Your PVC
- Nigerian-Born Kemi Badenoch Nominated To Succeed Boris Johnson As UK’s Prime Minister
- Peter Obi Unveils Baba-Ahmed As Running Mate
- Dr Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed Emerges As Peter Obi’s Running Mate