Read more about Politics
This comes on the heels of endorsements of Obi by other political figures, including former president Olusegun Obasanjo. The NCP made their support for Obi known through a statement issued on Monday by the National Chairman, Dr Tanko Yinusa, who promised, on behalf of the party, to canvass support for the Labour Party’s candidate. “We will mobilize our members and supporters nationwide to canvass and vote for the Labour Party candidature because we share their philosophy and manifesto. “We have studied both the party’s manifesto and the characters of the ex-governor Peter Obi and Datti Baba Ahmed carefully,” he said, adding that the former Anambra governor has all it takes to earn the trust and confidence of our party. Yinusa revealed that the NCP adopted Obi as its 2023 presidential candidate after deeply reviewing the 7-Point Agenda of Obi and his running mate Datti Baba Ahmad. See the full statement below: Press Statement On Adoption And Endorsement Of Peter Obi And Datti-Baba Ahmed By NCP The National Conscience Party (NCP), one of the foremost political parties in Nigeria is pleased to announce its adoption of the Labour Party’s presidential flag bearer ex-governor Peter Obi and his Vice, Senator Datti Baba Ahmed as its choice for the fourth coming February 25th Presidential election. Though we are still facing challenges of deregistration by INEC. We will mobilize our members and supporters nationwide to canvass and vote for the labour party candidature because we share their philosophy and manifesto. We have studied both the party’s manifesto and the characters of the ex-governor Peter Obi and Datti Baba Ahmed carefully and we believe that the labour party’s candidates have what it takes to earn our trust and confidence. We have also reviewed deeply the 7 Point Agenda of Peter Obi and Datti Baba Ahmad
Sign up for the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
- Securing and uniting Nigeria
- Production-centred growth for food security and export.
- Effective legal and institutional reforms (rule of law, corruption, and government effectiveness)
- Leapfrogging Nigeria from oil to the fourth industrial revolution (4IR)
- Expanding physical infrastructure through market-driven reforms (unleashing growth, enabling entrepreneurship and market-creating innovations)
- Human capital development that empowers competitiveness.
- Rebus foreign policy that restores Nigerian strategic relevance.
Register to attend the CN Business Mixer
This adoption/endorsement has been officially communicated to the party even though we have since been working in collaboration with the big tent and Obidient movement to drive the project of the Obi-Datti campaign. We urge all members and indeed Nigerians to work together with the Labour Party in achieving this monumental task of rescuing Nigeria, uniting and rebuilding its feature. We also thank Chief Edward NKwegu and Chief Nwabueze Governorship candidate of the Labour Party in Ebonyi state for all the support. Dr Yinusa Tanko National Chairman VC Odemejemba National Secretary Featured Image Source: The Lagos Today
Did you find this article useful? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- PVCs Of All Registered Lagos Voters Now Ready For Collection
- Peter Obi At Chatham House: The Key Takeaways
- Armed Forces Remembrance Day in Nigeria
- How Emeka Mba Is Tackling Voter Apathy with Vote023