Read more about Social media
This is not to say that other persons or industries cannot be found on LinkedIn but the majority of those who sign up to LinkedIn do so because they wish to grow their professional network and promote themselves too. LinkedIn is used by a large number of B2B (Business to Business) and B2C (Business to Customers) businesses across the globe. LinkedIn’s recent growth could be said to be a result of the taking over of the company by its new owners – the Microsoft Corporation who bought the company in 2016 for 26.2 billion dollars. According to LinkedIn’s co-founder, Reid Hoffman, “LinkedIn is about connecting talent with opportunity on a massive scale.”
Sign up for the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
This is no mere boast especially when you consider the following interesting facts about LinkedIn:
- LinkedIn currently has over 800 Million registered Users – Facebook and Instagram have more users but LinkedIn membership base could be differentiated from Facebook and Instagram as LinkedIn is focused on professionals promoting themselves and connecting with others.
- LinkedIn has members in about 200 countries
- About 60% of LinkedIn’s users are young people between the ages of 25 and 34
- The social network boasts of 40% Daily Users
- 44% of LinkedIn users earn more than $75,000 annually
- 57% of users on LinkedIn are male
- 51% of internet users with degrees use LinkedIn
- 4 out of every 5 LinkedIn users occupy decision-making roles in their places of work
- Over 57 Million registered Companies could be found on LinkedIn
- Over 14 Million open jobs available on LinkedIn
- 81 job applications are submitted on LinkedIn every second.
- 122 Million reported having received an interview through LinkedIn
- 35.5 Million people said they have been hired by a person they connected with on LinkedIn
- About 6 people are hired on LinkedIn every minute.
Register to attend the Connect Nigeria Business Mixer
This is why it is important to ensure your LinkedIn Profile is optimized well enough to bring you into the faces of the people you want to connect with and the opportunities you are interested in.
What Is LinkedIn Optimization?LinkedIn Optimization is the art of improving the performance of your profile towards delivering your desired results, either by removing or adding certain details to your LinkedIn Profile. According to Jobscan, it is important to optimize your LinkedIn profile as “Recruiters and hiring managers can’t find or vet you without a complete and fully optimized LinkedIn profile. 87% of recruiters use LinkedIn specifically to find candidates for jobs. 94% of recruiters use LinkedIn to vet job candidates. If you maximize your LinkedIn profile, you may not be looking for your next job. It could come to find you.”
Other Benefits Of LinkedIn Optimization Include
- Makes Your Profile Stand Out
- Increased Visibility
- Makes Connection and Networking Easy
- Easy Job Recommendations
Closing ThoughtsLinkedIn has grown to become one of the most useful tools any professional can make use of in advancing and promoting himself or herself. But it all starts with having a well-optimized profile. Featured Image Source: Sales Hacker
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- 20 Quick Replies To Instagram Comments
- A List Of Things To Avoid Doing On Social Media
- The Role Social Media Plays In Increasing Financial Knowledge
- Peter Obi Appears Number 1 On Social 100 Most Talked About Africans For May 2022