The use of lemons ranges from culinary, such as in spicing dishes or making lemonades, to health and body care. The fruit contains nutrients like calcium, iron, vitamins A, B, C and E, and flavonoids, a mixture that contains antioxidants that help to flush out toxins from the body.
Here are some other health benefits of lemon that you should know:
1. For skin care: A mixture of lemon juice, honey, and water is essential in helping the skin fight off acne, eczema, and blackheads, and in giving the skin an even tone.
2. For handling indigestion and constipation: Lemon juice help in healthy digestion by flushing out unwanted material from the digestive tract. The digestive qualities of lemon juice help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating.
3. For handling weight loss: Pectin, a soluble fibre in lemon, helps the body in shedding off unwanted weight.
4. For hair care: When lemon juice is applied to the hair and scalp, it nourishes the hair, eliminates dandruff and prevents hair loss.
You might also like:
- How Entrepreneurs Can Properly Manage Work-Related Anxiety
- HealthTech Innovations for Maternal and Child Healthcare
- HealthTech for Telepharmacy and Medication Management in Nigeria
- Telemedicine Can Improve Healthcare Access In Rural Nigeria
Leave a Reply