Read more about Fashion
A very good place to learn fashion designing in Nigeria is in a fashion school. They teach you sewing techniques, clothing construction, fashion differentiation, pattern making, fashion illustration and everything you need to know. The classes are majorly practical and many fashion schools provide hostel accommodation (at a price) for their trainees during the duration of their training. The total price of the training depends on the level: beginners, intermediary and advanced and it usually lasts between a duration of one month to two years. Here are some fashion schools in Lagos, Nigeria.
Hadazzah Styles and Stitches
- Pattern Drafting
- Fashion Illustration
- Clothing Construction
- Interpretation of Style
- Contemporary Design
- One Machine per Trainee
OSC Fashion Academy
- Advanced females’ wear course
- Computer Aided Pattern Making (CAD) course
- Garment production management course
- Fashion collection Development course
- Advanced mens’ wear course
- Fashion wear full course
- Certificate for fashion management (CFM)
- Valisimo Fashion School Lagos
- Haute Couture Method or Bespoke method: Here, you are trained on how to sew to a clients specification.
- Pattern drafting method. This is the commercial process of sewing for mass production; creating a foundation on paper before fabric.
Sign up for the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
Bespoke Method3months- 135,000 Naira only 6months- 220,000 Naira only 9months – 350,000 Naira only
Pattern Drafting Method. Promo prices are:3months- 150,000 Naira only 6months- 250,000 Naira only 9months – 400,000 Naira only Full time lecture days are on Monday,Wednesday and Friday from 10am – 3pm.
Part-time programmeThe part-time program goes for the same fees but a longer duration.
Bespoke Method5month – 135,000 Naira 8month – 220,000 Naira 12months- 350,000 Naira
Pattern Drafting Method5 months- 150,000 Naira only 8 months- 250,000 Naira only 12 months –400,000 Naira only For the part-time, classes are held only on Saturdays by 11am-5pm. Hostel facility is available at Valisimo fashion school at about 665 Naira per day, 20,000 Naira per month. Payment is made upfront for either 3, 6 or 9 months. The hostel has basic needs, so you pay and move in immediately. These include beds, a cooker, generator, and refrigerator etc. Address: Number 2, Akinwale Street opposite Nationwide filling station on Yaya Abatan Road, Ogba, Ikeja, Lagos. Phone number: 0809 657 7157 Website: www.valisimofashions.com Others are:
- Rhoda Micheals Fashion School
- KG Signatures School of Fashion
- Afo Fashion Academy
- The Creative Tailoring Class
- Lagos Ginani Fashion Training
- Zapron Fashions
- Vigold school of Fashion, and many more.
Referenceshttps://hadazzah.business.site www.osccollegeoffashion.net www.valisimofashions.com Featured Image source: Linkedln Nigeria
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- Brands We Love: Severe Nature
- Brands We Love: House of Deola
- $10,000 Cash Prize on Offer in the AfDB Fashionomics Africa Contest 2023 for Fashion Entrepreneurs
- 6 Common Types of Modelling in Nigeria