The Africa Philanthropy Network (APN) is inviting young people from across Africa to enter its essay contest. This competition is part of the organization’s drive to harness innovative ideas from young people for philanthropic work on the continent.
The ideas that contestants will contribute through their essays could be transformative for philanthropy in African communities. As such, the organizers of this contest encourage entrants to put some thought into parsing out their solutions.
The APN also intends for this essay contest to deliver ideas that could make it the go-to platform for case-making on philanthropy in Africa.
The theme of this year’s essay contest is African Philanthropy transforming community challenges: Innovation and Practice.
Persons who enter this competition could enjoy these benefits:
- The top ten essayists will win monetary rewards and gain continent-wide recognition
- Entrants could receive a certificate of participation
- They will be profiled on social media
- They could get the chance to speak in peer learning events
People who intend to enter this competition should meet these conditions:
- Should be a citizen of a sub-Saharan African country
- Must be aged between 18 and 35 years old
- Should be fluent in English, French, Portuguese, or Kiswahili
Documents Entrants Must Submit
Persons who are entering this contest should submit these items via email:
- Contact information (including emails and social media ID)
- A copy of their national ID or passport
- Passport-sized photo (a high-resolution jpeg in PNG format, 1024 x768 Pics, with file size, not more than 7 MB)
- Their essay, which should not be more than 1,500 words long, in Arial Narrow font (references and footnotes will not be part of the word count)
Note: submissions should be written in English, French, Portuguese, or Kiswahili. APN will only accept one essay from each participant. They will not tolerate plagiarism.
Entries will remain open until June 29, 2022.
Featured Image Source: Opportunity Desk
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- Renmoney Wants to Hire a Legal Intern
- Apply for the Sahara Group 2023 Graduate Management Trainee Program
- The Founder Institute Lagos Spring 2023 Cohort for Entrepreneurs
- Helium Health Graduate Trainee Program 2023 for Young Nigerians